Wow- what a day. :satisfied:

I'll get something up before dinner. John Adcock brought up how hot and nasty it was on Saturday. It was BAD for rehearsals. I know I was with the T-Birds for their afternoon ensemble block, and the heat just physically sapped at everyone. It made the strong performances that evening by every corps all the more worthy of respect. No one gave up, no one quit. It's all anyone can ask for.

Yeah, some corps were better. Some corps had some issues that they need to get righted. that's the way it always is. I don't think that any of the competitors at Nazareth sold out, gave up, or wussed out on the field. No one had to give a lame excuse after the show that they were blown out and exhausted from a hard day of practice. I believe every competitor really did give an honest best effort for the audience, and it was respected and appreciated by the crowd. :worthy:

A lot of things began to shake out tonight- Sun, the Cabs, Fusion, C2.... things are unfolding, and I'll talk about 'em. It's exciting! back later!

Edited by BigW

Wow- what a day. :satisfied:

I'll get something up before dinner. John Adcock brought up how hot and nasty it was on Saturday. It was BAD for rehearsals. I know I was with the T-Birds for their afternoon ensemble block, and the heat just physically sapped at everyone. It made the strong performances that evening by every corps all the more worthy of respect. No one gave up, no one quit. It's all anyone can ask for.

Brenda and I went to an outdoor event in Bethlehem en route to NJ for a family thing Saturday evening and Sunday... and man, the humidity meter was at Level 100. LOL. Hats off to all the corps for dealing with that.

Brenda and I went to an outdoor event in Bethlehem en route to NJ for a family thing Saturday evening and Sunday... and man, the humidity meter was at Level 100. LOL. Hats off to all the corps for dealing with that.

I've been doing this crap a long time, in both circuits, and i can tell you that yesterday (and today...worse for us as we were on turf) rank in my top ten nastiest hot & humid days ever. And that's saying something, as I did drum corps in Florida for many years.

Edited by Kamarag

i was at a family event just south of Bethlehem and my god, i was soaking wet and i never went in the pool

I was at the Nazareth show, and while it was VERY hot and humid, all corps put on great performances! There were folks sitting in the audience being tended to for heat exhaustion, so I can't imagine what it was like in full uniform!

It was so hot at Nazareth that some drum lines actually stopped drumming for short periods during the practice day! :tounge2:

• Like 1

It was so hot at Nazareth that some drum lines actually stopped drumming for short periods during the practice day! :tounge2:

Sky Alumni sure didn't...they were up the hill from us, and the stamina of those guys to play all day was...something else. I don't think they stopped for more than thirty seconds over a four hour period....

I've been working in 90+ heat all week, and Saturday was the cherry on the Sundae. Got home around 130AM from Nazareth, and pretty much passed out for most of Sunday and till now.

Sky Alumni was real, real strong in exhibition in spite of the heat.

In fact- I think this was a better run then the Lehman show, where it was a lot cooler. The corps got better as they settled in to the performance, and I really enjoy the percussion a lot.

Elks' Parade is a real show highlight, and the corps did a great job closing out their part of the show- the crowd really appreciated their efforts. I just don't know how they did it. We always knew how tough they were BITD, their performances in heat time after time really reinforces it. All respect.

Took it's toll on them - 3 wound up in the hospital & 2 others needed the EMT - I'm sure they appreciate your kind words

Edited by ajlisko

Elks' Parade is a real show highlight, and the corps did a great job closing out their part of the show- the crowd really appreciated their efforts. I just don't know how they did it. We always knew how tough they were BITD, their performances in heat time after time really reinforces it. All respect.

There was a 20-minute delay in the show (which wasn't communicated to the warm-up area, but I digress) which I was told was due to a few of Sky Alumni's members needing assistance in the heat during or after the performance . If true, I hope everyone was ok...

Edited by Kamarag