Will the Cadets go back to their traditional uniform next year?

Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Cadets wear their 2013/1934 "traditional" uniform for 2017?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If not, what color scheme modified to fit the show theme will we see?

• Maroon and gold
    • Black
    • White
    • New color scheme
  3. 3. Which would you prefer?

• Traditional
    • Maroon and gold + show theme
    • Other

Or will they continue to adjust the new black uniforms to fit the theme of the show ?

Edited by Hrothgar15

With uniform sponsors offering the major corps new uni's about every 3 years, the impact of "the look" in line with the show, and the growing popularity of the indoor programs, I wonder if we'll see "traditional" uniforms from the activity leaders anytime soon.

maroon and gold will be back

Perhaps, but if we recall, we were initially told by Cadets insiders on here when the Cadets scraped their traditional colors just before Championships last season, that the black unis would go to Cadets2 after the DCI Finals, and the Cadets would return to their traditional uniform colors uniforms for this season. But that did not happen. So until next season arrives, whatever is said coming out of Cadetland in the Fall on this, should probably be taken with a grain of salt, either way, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

I think much depends on what the show theme of the show will be. It is a possibility the old uniform will return. In both 2011 and 2012, Cadets did not use the traditional uniform, though they were closer than the black. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the classic Cadet uni will return, though I maintain they've outgrown it programming-wise.

Mike

The Cadets have done dozens of wildly differently themed shows in that uniform, very successfully. How have they suddenly outgrown it now?

• Like 3

The horse has left the barn after what Bluecoats did. It won't be that radical, but I'll bet it will be a much lighter, more flexible and more modern/adaptable something or other. It will also put maroon and gold in with some prominence, even if it doesn't dominate.

Mr. H. has wanted to be freed from the traditional look for decades, so now that others have broken down the door, I don't see them reverting.

Black won't return. It was a failed experiment to keep the same uniform cut, while mixing it up a bit. All that darkness doesn't work well with their style of show design.

Of course they were really for Cadets 2 all along, right? So now they can pass them on after just two seasons of use? Except they are selling them off to donors.... <cue Unsolved Mysteries music>