DCI Southeastern (Atlanta) Championships Schedule - 7/30/16

Asesome placement for the Academy! Really gives them a good chance to pull closer to Madison & Crossmen.

Perhaps yes due to GE...but certainly not from their 14th place drumscorps from SA...

Won't be attending ATL for the first time in about 8 years. Biggest complaint about ATL is the noise level at level 2. When in the seats during performances, people need to be quiet. This really ruins the experience for me, especially during the ballads.

I have problems with the seats near the concourse where the food and souvies are located. Lots of crowd noise. Was that what you were referring to?

• Like 1

I am excited to see if Academy is gonna continue their fight for that spot and if they want to try and take a chunk out of Madison as well.

Will also be interesting to see how BD responds to getting 3rd.

I am excited to see if Academy is gonna continue their fight for that spot and if they want to try and take a chunk out of Madison as well.

Will also be interesting to see how BD responds to getting 3rd.

BD isn't done yet. I still think we are gonna get a different winner at each regional and quarters/semis/finals. These last 20 days are gonna be epic.

I have problems with the seats near the concourse where the food and souvies are located. Lots of crowd noise. Was that what you were referring to?

True, the noise in the concourse is VERY loud. The first time I went to this regional in 2014 I got a seat close to the top of the lower level and was horrified by the constant drone going on behind me. So loud that it completely drowns out softer sections. Plus a lot of the spectators don't seem to know drum corps etiquette; just chattering away in full voice like they are sitting in their living rooms. I'm still going, though. Of course!

Edited by FLBuzcut
  • Like 2

Looking for 4 tix for ATL if anyone has spares. Thanks

Spirit will be fine. It's called rebuilding. Don't be so negative LSU Grad . :augen51:

Oh, this poster has been this negative toward Spirit for as long as I can remember, and I joined DCP in 2004. I'm guessing he (or she) once tried out for the corps and got cut or couldn't cut marching drum corps (hey, let's face it, everyone isn't willing to put in the effort). Just my guess after watching LSU Grad's many digs at the corps over the years.

True, the noise in the concourse is VERY loud. The first time I went to this regional in 2014 I got a seat close to the top of the lower level and was horrified by the constant drone going on behind me. So loud that it completely drowns out softer sections. Plus a lot of the spectators don't seem to know drum corps etiquette; just chattering away in full voice like they are sitting in their living rooms. I'm still going, though. Of course!

I broke my foot the week before the Atlanta regional in 2013 and had to move to the last row in the first level wheelchair seating. Hated every minute of it. Noise from concessions was terrible and I felt the dome effect was worse than the upper deck.

Edited by mountaineers97

I'll be in the upper deck for the first time (in row 1 however) near the 50. What can I expect for dome effect up there? (last year I sat in the middle section but couldn't get it this year) - will we be to far away to be nailed by loud impacts, etc.

You should be fine there. Judge's box isn't that far below you so you should get full impact of hornline plus, being higher up, actually be able to see drill. I've sat in a lot of different sections in the Dome and this is by far my favorite viewing point (and where we are this year, albeit in row 3 instead of row 1 like you).

The only disadvantage is getting to/from the souvie stands from here as you've either got to take the slower-than-dirt/crowded elevator or take forever walking down the ramps.