3 Golds Enough?

Jezz, if we gave equal weight to all 3 medals over the years, the Blue Devils would come out even FURTHER ahead in their domination of DCI " three ways ". Under such a " three way " the Blue Devils would be declared the " winners " in DCI for 34 out of their 43 years in DCI. ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

That's what makes years like this so exciting, it can come down to the last performance. If we just gave out gold medals, the competition would die. In the game of dci, you win or you die (eventually, without a gold medal from that year)

Three corps received GOLD Medals at this year's DCI World Class Championships in Indianapolis. They are Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, and Blue Devils (all just used for illustration).

Thoughts?

Why not? Just about everything that has made the USA great is becoming watered down so we are not better than third world countries.

It would turn into those county adjudication deals for public school bands.

Blue Devils - Superior

Carolina Crown - Superior

Etc. etc

At some point down the ranks, superior would change to excellent, right? That's how piano adjudication was for my kids. Many participants concerned that they're just excellent, and not superior...

My kids saw through this system by the time they were 7 years old. They lost respect for it and didn't want to do it anymore. Competition is a good thing. Human beings can handle it.

• Like 2

At some point down the ranks, superior would change to excellent, right? That's how piano adjudication was for my kids. Many participants concerned that they're just excellent, and not superior...

My kids saw through this system by the time they were 7 years old. They lost respect for it and didn't want to do it anymore. Competition is a good thing. Human beings can handle it.

In NY state we have...

"Gold, with distinction"

• Like 1

You sound like Oprah.

"YOU GET A MEDAL! YOU GET A MEDAL! EVERYONE GETS A MEDAAAAAAAAAAL!"

Welp, looks like you stole the reference I was going to make!

Welp, looks like you stole the reference I was going to make!

I couldn't help myself. I would have posted a meme, but I don't know how to do that from my phone. Lol.