In The News – UL-Lafayette Hosts Drum Corps Competition

A drum and bugle corps competition thatâs drawing teams from around the country is about to rattle and pound its way across athletic fields at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. For those unfamiliar with drum corps, it combines music and sport and is, as Troy Breaux likes to describe it, âkind of like a […]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2016/07/in-the-news-ul-lafayette-hosts-drum-corps-competition/

R A I N E D O U T !

Hey DCI, next year in 2017 how about throwing us a few more crumbs. (A few more Top 5's)

The problem isn't DCI scheduling, its the corps who want to spend money to drive to your show. If it looks like its not worth spending money to go to, could have a hard time finding housing, or in general doesn't fit the schedules that the directors need for off or travel days after the big regional, few will request that show for their schedule. Its not DCI's fault that it rained.

Edited by C.Holland

R A I N E D O U T !

Hey DCI, next year in 2017 how about throwing us a few more crumbs. (A few more Top 5's)

Isn't this a disingenuous post?

In another thread last night, you said "This is the first time in many many years that I will not attend a single show. I always go to either San Antonio, Atlanta or one of the smaller local shows, but not any longer. I'm no longer a paying DCI customer because I'm not entertained by what I see on the field."

So why would you care if the Lafayette show had "a few more Top 5" corps?

• Like 1

NE mic drop.

• Like 1