"Oh yeah, I forgot about that show..."

So, we all remember the iconic shows, but what about the iconic corps that did shows we forgot about?

I just watched 92 Star of Indiana for the first time in a loong time, and it reminded me what a cool show it was.

What other good shows can you guys think of that folks have sorta forgotten about?

Edited by fireshane1

I was watching some '05 recently and I completely forgot about Vanguard's Russia show. Like, that's their lowest placement ever, and if they are that incredible (and powerful!) at their "worst" then I can't wait to see them at their best, hopefully with a medal in hand soon. Something tells me next year will be insane for them.

Also, everyone tends to forget/throw aside Cavies' Billy Joel show from '07. I mean, I know it was surrounded by Machine and Samurai chronologically, but that show seems to have disappeared from people's minds. It grooves so hard and the visual is pretty sweet!

• Like 1

BD 2000

Phantom 07

Cadets 1999

Could you say something about them? That 07 PR show is one of my favorites!

Could you say something about them? That 07 PR show is one of my favorites!

Sure.

I've watched them all for the first time in a long time in the last 6 months or so, and they were all wonderful.

2000 BD's brass book was a stunner. CG and pit features throughout still feel fresh to this old man, even 16 years later. Everybody was gaga over Cavies and Cadets, and rightfully so. This was the first year on Bb, and the Cadets opening hit was so loud, a lot of the complaints about the change went away pretty fast.

2007 Phantom for me was all about re-experiencing that opener. Amazing musicality between the perc and brass, and I'm a big fan of the piece (10,000 Airplanes on the Roof) itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YYUL7M3ikQ

1999 Cadets sounded better to me than 1998. I know it wasn't a very popular show of theirs, but I think it holds up pretty well.

Edited by Lance

Spirit 2003 "Time". They did "October" pretty well, and the hourglass impact set stuck out in my mind.

That same year Crown did "Bell-issimo" and Magic did "Silver Voices". Boston had a darn good show that year as well.

Of course, Phantom did "Harmonic Journey", but that is one show I don't think I'll forget about.

Phenomenon of Cool, Spin Cycle, Capital Regiment, 2003 was an especially good year. Probably my favorite year.

2002 Cascades were great. The only year they made Finals. What happened??

Spirit 2003 "Time". They did "October" pretty well, and the hourglass impact set stuck out in my mind.

That same year Crown did "Bell-issimo" and Magic did "Silver Voices". Boston had a darn good show that year as well.

Of course, Phantom did "Harmonic Journey", but that is one show I don't think I'll forget about.

Phenomenon of Cool, Spin Cycle, Capital Regiment, 2003 was an especially good year. Probably my favorite year.

2002 Cascades were great. The only year they made Finals. What happened??

Carolina Crown had an off year.

Speaking of Crown, I feel like 2007 gets forgotten about from time to time. Triple Crown is my absolute favorite DCI show of all time! That ballad was the most gorgeous thing I had ever heard!

Off year? 2003 Crown was arguably their best show ever up to that point. In fact, they went from 16th the year before, to 10th place and improved almost 5 points.

EDIT:

Wait...I guess you were answering the "What happened" part of my post regarding Seattle.

I don't think Crown had anything to do with Cascades not ever making Finals again.

Another "Oh yeah" show nobody ever seems to talk about is 1992 Cavs "Revolution and Triumph" - they won their first title that year.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

Off year? 2003 Crown was arguably their best show ever up to that point. In fact, they went from 16th the year before, to 10th place and improved almost 5 points.

At the end you asked about 2002 Cascades...

That's what my response was about.

Carolina Crown had an off year with their Greek Gods show...