Mini Corps 2016

If there are not enough mini-corps Ghost and Star United have agreed to play their last three years shows complete with uniform and prop changes!

At least that's what I think I heard.

A maxi-corps. LOL
  • Like 1

Ghostriders are not competing this year

• Like 1

Wow, that's news. First time they've missed in 20 years, right?

Again the question....

When will DCA tell us who is appearing...

Pete

Saw this on Facebook today:

9:00pm Govenaires Shanghai Festival Corps

9:15pm Rocketeers

9:30pm Brig Juice

9:45pm Bridgemen

10:00pm Freelancers

10:15pm Star United

FYI, that Govenaires group is appearing in exhibition, from what I understand, unless that has changed. It's the cut-down version of the Govies that is going to China this year.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Sad to think that it was but a few short years ago that they were considering capping the entries because there was a danger of there being ​too many.

• Like 1

It is only entertainment for DCA. I have been told this many times.

The corps that took it seriously are mostly gone. Ghost Riders are only the latest on the hiatus list. Mass Brass, Erie, MCL, Golden Eagles, Lambertville, Skyliners et al...have just decided not to do this anymore. We took it more seriously than most realized. It just became too much work and not enough fun! We were doing it wrong.

Ghost Riders are still performing in concert and parade activities. Contact Doug if you would like to have GR at your function.

DA

• Like 3

Sad to think that it was but a few short years ago that they were considering capping the entries because there was a danger of there being ​too many.

Yet we've also had several years when there weren't a ton of entries.

We had four mini-corps one of the years in Annapolis.

It is only entertainment for DCA. I have been told this many times.

The corps that took it seriously are mostly gone. Ghost Riders are only the latest on the hiatus list. Mass Brass, Erie, MCL, Golden Eagles, Lambertville, Skyliners et al...have just decided not to do this anymore. We took it more seriously than most realized. It just became too much work and not enough fun! We were doing it wrong.

Ghost Riders are still performing in concert and parade activities. Contact Doug if you would like to have GR at your function.

DA

Well, I hope you don't really feel you were doing it "wrong"! You were doing what worked for you and what you wanted to do, no? (And to the great enjoyment of the audience.) And now that you've decided to do something else, more power to you.

Yet we've also had several years when there weren't a ton of entries. We had four mini-corps one of the years in Annapolis.

According to CorpsReps (plus this thread for 2016), these were the number of competing mini corps each year:

1993 -- 7

1994 -- 7

1995 -- 6

1996 -- 5

1997 -- 5

1998 -- 7

1999 -- 7

2000 -- 8

2001 -- 8

2002 -- 10

2003 -- 9

2004 -- 9