Madison Scouts 2017

Not interested in Finals since Scouts are out, so we move on. Ya'll know discussions have already taken place.

So where do we go from here? Show thoughts and/or wishes?

For me, ya gotta go for broke. Find something the DCI/WGI/BOA folks have never seen. Heck, find a gimmick. Gimmicks work for Coats.

Anyway...I've moved on. Hope my other Scouts alums and fans have too.

I am also bummed the Scouts are not in finals. I don't feel like watching the final webcast without the Scouts... with all the show was or wasn't ....it was still my favorite show this summer. And to me it still represented what drum corps used to be.The new programs are more like marching musical theatre. I do wish Dci could make sure that drum and bugle corps, remain with a difference from marching band and WGI . With this said I give a shout out to all the drum corps members doing such a fine job this summer.There are many of us who used to march that still enjoy what drum corps used to be without so many props and gimmicks!!

• Like 2

Bump because others are trying to start a 2017 thread

I think from some of the discussion that have been going on in the alumni thread, and even the older guard now, we will definitely see changes.

Not interested in Finals since Scouts are out, so we move on. Ya'll know discussions have already taken place.

So where do we go from here? Show thoughts and/or wishes?

For me, ya gotta go for broke. Find something the DCI/WGI/BOA folks have never seen. Heck, find a gimmick. Gimmicks work for Coats.

Anyway...I've moved on. Hope my other Scouts alums and fans have too.

C'mon. Bluecoats did not win because of "gimmicks". Don't be so dismissive. We have a new champion from the Midwest. Half of all DCI champion corps are now from the Midwest. I'm pretty pumped about that. They put something on the field that we never saw before. Innovative. Entertaining. Excellent. It wasn't gimmickry.

Let's build up Scouts, but not by tearing other corps down.

• Like 4

Bump because others are trying to start a 2017 thread

Yea - sorry about that.. I didn't see this thread.

I also miss the times when corps played very recognizable full songs. Old school drum corps in my opinion doesn't seem good enough for the direction the activity has gone. I enjoyed good old in your face music, when the emphasis seemed like it was about

the music. A time when you could easily tell what was going on. At a show I was at, others were commenting on all the props used in todays shows. I think for some people it makes it more difficult to really get into what they are watching.

• Like 1

Never said Coats won BECAUSE of gimmicks..but they have had gimmicks that have worked great.

Just be glad your beloved Scouts are a corps people will talk about on here. Imagine loving a corps with all your heart and soul - that had disappointing results - but that no one talks about on DCP. That is my situation and I have no one to commiserate with.

I am envious of the multitudes of dedicated Scouts fans out there!

Cheer up. They'll do better next year. They are the Madison Scouts.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1