2017 PREDICTIONS!

But it was the GE judges who "accounted for" BC's victory. What was it that they saw and how do you account for it? Maybe (just maybe) they could understand the multiple uses of the Z-axis and rewarded them. Or do you have a different theory why the GE judges rewarded the BCs consistently over the summer?

um...it was fun -- no -- infectiously fun to watch? imo that took care of the GE judges. everything else -- just gravy.

• Like 1

um...it was fun -- no -- infectiously fun to watch? imo that took care of the GE judges. everything else -- just gravy.

winner winner chicken dinner

But it was the GE judges who "accounted for" BC's victory. What was it that they saw and how do you account for it? Maybe (just maybe) they could understand the multiple uses of the Z-axis and rewarded them. Or do you have a different theory why the GE judges rewarded the BCs consistently over the summer?

To start with, Bluecoats won bigger with the music GE judges than with the visual GE judges. On the rest of the recap, they won music but only took third in visual. If you want to know what accounts for their victory, maybe you should look at the musical side of things.

As for why they won GE visual, one word - coordination. Every mood of the music was complemented by matching drill movement. Musicians were staged properly to maximize their projection when needed, and spread to cover the field at other times. Even uniforms were coordinated, musicians and auxiliary, such that when they mingled in the ballad, the visual effect was as harmonious as the music.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My prediction for 2017 top 12;

1. Carolina Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Devils

4. Cadets

5. Cavaliers

6. SCV

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Blue Stars

10. Crossmen

11. The Academy

12. Madison Scouts

• Like 1

My prediction for 2017 top 12;

1. Carolina Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Devils

4. Cadets

5. Cavaliers

6. SCV

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Blue Stars

10. Crossmen

11. The Academy

12. Madison Scouts

Are you seriously suggesting Boston doesn't make the cut?

Yes, I am. They barely did in 2016, and in my opinion, they shouldn't have. great show, i loved it, but i don't think it was above Madison.

• Like 1

Get used to it! Every year since Boston has made finals...and that's only been 18 consecutive years...Boston is predicted to be 13th or worse...EVEN a new staff with carte blanche privileges is never going to change that sentiment!

With the Scouts getting knocked out of finals ( a perennial favorite) ...it is not going to help that prediction meter either...Scout fans are not known for loosing with dignity...just read drum corps planet for the last several years and you will see what I mean...LOL

My prediction: The Cavaliers are going to be dangerous! You heard it here first folks.