2017 Boston Crusaders

I'm not into FB even with family & friends, so other than the corps page, I googled the others.

I hear ya Ghost...the only reason I have Facebook is because of the Boston Crusaders....otherwise I would not use it either...I prefer the old-fashioned ways of staying in contact with folks much better...and I'm a technology geek...haha

Which FB emc2? Not on corps, IAM, or GES.

Mike W post on FB.

emc2 - just an FYI....... Paul and Rudy are the same person. ;)

Never heard Rudy address as Paul. Thanks me bad.

It is kind of cool to get others confirmation that this Boston area Corps actually won 3 National Championships in the 1930's ( was not aware of the 3 ). I believe this Corps DID in fact fly from Boston to LA in '38 too, Liahona. I found out in my research the Corps was a Senior Corps ( not a Jr. Corps ). The Senior Corps were all male, and all over 21 years of age back then.. mostly veterans. Thus, its highly unlikely they'd have taken bus(ses ) from Boston to the west coast, unless we are prepared to think these marchers in this Drum & Bugle Corps were adult gypsies that left their spouses, kids behind to do this for their vacation weeks, or all of 'em were on the dole ( haha!). So I think it really is more than likely they took a scaryazz 1938, 12 hours or more flight(s) to go out there to the west coast compete and win one of their National Championships way out there... maybe they chartered buses for out there for a bit of that west coast tour... who knows. If they did take busses of the 1930's vintage all the way on that cross country tour, they must have all gotten out and helped push those 1930's busses on at least some of that long distance uphill trek from Boston to LA, & up and down the west coast.... and then back again. ( haha!). Anyway, we have this confirmation on how some of them at least traveled from LA back to Boston...........

http://www.corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?view=corpshist&corps=463&corpstype=Senior

Prior to World War II, corps traveling to a national convention often did so via train. The abbreviations on the itinerary are railroad companies.

• Like 3

In the Crossmen thread it was mentioned they had around 35 age outs this year. What number did Boston have this year?

its a good question. Boston tends to be pretty consistent most years with approx. 35 or so age outs after each season. But maybe somebody will know better this season's numbers.

I think Boston has the potential to have a higher than average retention rate after the exciting announcements of Boston's staff for 2017, Ghost. Coupled with the potential of an added influx of talent at Boston Crusaders camps, competition for spots should be keener than ever... and good things can come about from such competition for spots, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Coupled with the potential of an added influx of talent at camps, competition for spots should be keener than ever... and good things can come about from such competition for spots, imo.

Rumor has it Bill Belichick and a couple of his coaches will assist in who will be released and which new draft choices will stay.

its a good question. Boston tends to be pretty consistent most years with approx. 35 or so age outs after each season. But maybe somebody will know better this season's numbers.

I think Boston has the potential to have a higher than average retention rate after the exciting announcements of Boston's staff for 2017, Ghost. Coupled with the potential of an added influx of talent at Boston Crusaders camps, competition for spots should be keener than ever... and good things can come about from such competition for spots, imo.

It has me thinking that "no spot' is guaranteed...even for the returning vets this coming season...