Shows Corps Should Do

Well there is a music corps should do thread, and I've seen people pitching ideas on the Cadets 2017 thread, and it's the off season so this seems like an obviously fun topic for discussion. Probably been done before, but not in my recent memory on here.

So simple, just throw out some themes and ideas you would like to see a corps take on.

Have fun.

...this is going to get flamed to high heaven. And it probably deserves to, really. But if Cadets' staff does, in fact, hop to Boston, I kinda want them to do a 27th Lancers-esque show.

Not necessarily a straight-up tribute show, a la Surf 2012. But a show reminiscent of the pieces 27th did. Maybe not straight-up "Danny Boy," but "County Derry."

...actually, forget the 27th tribute. Can Boston do an all-Grainger show, please?

• Like 2

...this is going to get flamed to high heaven. And it probably deserves to, really. But if Cadets' staff does, in fact, hop to Boston, I kinda want them to do a 27th Lancers-esque show.

Not necessarily a straight-up tribute show, a la Surf 2012. But a show reminiscent of the pieces 27th did. Maybe not straight-up "Danny Boy," but "County Derry."

...actually, forget the 27th tribute. Can Boston do an all-Grainger show, please?

Grainger. Please. Pretty please.

Cascades: O part 2.

• Like 1

On Nights Edge

A show that invokes the feeling and visuals of dusk and dawn

You could use the colors of sunsets and sunrise

Music that could be used includes Racing Against the Sinset by Philip Wesley and Hymn to the blue hour by Mackey, possibly within blue empires by PLC

Opener starts with the corps lines up on the end zone, and the corps moves from side 2 to side 1 in an elongated fashion. Guard has double sided flags, with one side brilliant sunset silks and the other side deep blue, and as the corps pass them they spin with the deep blue facing the audience.

• Like 1

For years ive been wanting a spanish civil war show. There is a lot that i think can be done musically and visually considering that you can tell any number of stories. It was nationalistim/fascism vs republicanism/marxism, with nazi Germany supporting the former and the soviet union the latter.

There is even an american brigade of volunteers called the "abraham lincoln brigade" whose story is rarely told who supported the republican side.

There is a song of the brigade, jarama valley, which i think could be a great way to set the stage. If possible getting the rights to use the woodie guthrie version since his voice is so distinct.

Not to mention using Picasso's famous "guernica" painting. This could even just be a picasso show for all i care, so this show idea can be accessible to the folks at BD. (joking, but also kinda serious)

I think this show would fit Boston, Cavies, SCV, and Troopers really well, depending on the perspectives they take.

I think a show based on Leatherstocking/Natty Bumppo would be fun, but I'm not sure many people are familiar with Cooper's amazing novels.

I think a lot of people are familiar with music from a movie based on one of the books (The Last of the Mohicans), though. This is still used in action movie trailers.

lots of other really great cues from that soundtrack, which is incredibly pentatonic, so a lot of other music could work along with

Edited by Lance