British corps to attend 2017 DCI Championship

Hi N.E. I live in N.W. :smile: Logically the video is Kidsgrove Scouts and not The Company :wink:

Right. That's why I referred to the corps in that video as "The Company's primary British competition".

• 3 weeks later...

Top three in the Drum Corps Europe finals last night were

1. 89.85 The Company

2. 88.95 Jubal

3. 87.00 Kidsgrove Scouts

Just watched Jubal's performance. Seems like a big step up from the show they brought to DCI in 2015. This performance, and those I saw by Company and Scouts on video from DCUK last week, would certainly make DCI Semis. However, this is six weeks after DCI, so I think it's still up in the air as to whether The Company has a shot next year.

Correction: the Jubal video I saw was not from last night but from two weeks earlier. Hmm.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

• 2 weeks later...

Top three in the Drum Corps Europe finals last night were

1. 89.85 The Company

2. 88.95 Jubal

3. 87.00 Kidsgrove Scouts

Just watched Jubal's performance. Seems like a big step up from the show they brought to DCI in 2015. This performance, and those I saw by Company and Scouts on video from DCUK last week, would certainly make DCI Semis. However, this is six weeks after DCI, so I think it's still up in the air as to whether The Company has a shot next year.

Correction: the Jubal video I saw was not from last night but from two weeks earlier. Hmm.

It is interesting that Kidsgrove Scouts for the 4th time are coming over here in 2017 but will be competing in DCA....whereas The Company will be competing in DCI on their trip...

It is interesting that Kidsgrove Scouts for the 4th time are coming over here in 2017 but will be competing in DCA....whereas The Company will be competing in DCI on their trip...

Doing a short tour in DCI is a far different experience than DCA. Not surprising to me that The Company is choosing to do DCI.

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone,

My name is John and I have just taken the time to read through the 13 pages about our corps THE COMPANY Performance Ensembles visit to the USA in August this year and wanted to thank all for their input

I just wanted to give a bit of an update in terms of schedules and let you know where we are 

The Ensemble arrives into the USA on

Monday July 31 arrive JFK mid afternoon and we will be staying in NJ  

Tues Aug 1 Open Rehearsal Day in NJ (we will confirm the venue as soon as finalised)

Weds Aug 2 Rehearsal in morning then compete at the American Tradition Workd Class Show at Harrison NJ 

Thurs Aug 3 Free Day in NYC we have many members who have never visited the USA and we are excited to take them to NYC

Fri Aug 4 we will be rehearsing at and competing at J Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown PA for the DCI Eastern Classic 

Sat Aug 5 we are looking forward to competing at the Shoreman Brass Classic Open Class Show at Avon Lake High School 

Sun Aug 6 we will be rehearsing in Michigan City (we will confirm once the venue is finalised)

Mon Aug 7 we are competing at the DCI Open / International Class Prelims Show 

Tues Aug 8 we hope to progress through to the DCI Open / International Class Finals 

Weds Aug 9 we move down to Indianapolis where the members will have some down town before a rehearsal in the evening (We will confirm the rehearsal site once finalised)

Thurs Aug 10 is a huge day for us DCI World Class Prelims at the Lucas Oil Stadium 

Fri Aug 11 is TBC and we have plans dependant on results from Thursday 

Sat Aug 12 we will performing at the SoundSport International Music and Food Festival, we have both a DrumLine Battle and SoundSport production and we cannot wait to finish off our final performances at such a great event before moving across to LOS to watch DCI Finals 

Sun Aug 13 we will be travelling back to NYC before flying home on Mon Aug 14

To give some background to THE COMPANY we were formed in late 2009 and have won the DCE Championships in 2011,12,14,16 and DCUK Championships in 2013,15,16 

in 2014 we marched 74 members with an average of 25.2 years, we will march our largest Corps to date this year at 100 with an average age of 22.8 years

We are an Open Age unit with some members over the age of 30 but we also have many members aged 14-18 (my son is on Auxiliary Percussion at 15) we are working to reduce our age profile but need to be inclusive and supportive of those who have supported us 

Our Musical Designer is Andrew Markworth (of Crossmen and Carolina Crown fame) and Andrew has been designing our full musical productions since our inception in 2010 

Why are we coming to DCI and not DCA? We have nothing but respect for DCA and the Corps that chose to travel and compete there

When planning the tour and before we decided where to go, we visited DCI in 2015 and was blown away by John De Novi and all the DCI team in terms of how much they wanted us and how we could make the tour work 

We travelled again to DCI Finals 2016 to formalise plans and have recently travelled to Atlanta to the DCI Annual Meetings which have been amazing and incredibly informative

The tour is all about giving our members the best possible experience of travel, interaction and performance opportunities and they will have a minimum 6 DCI shows plus SoundSport and DrumLine Battle events in a 14 day tour which is fantastic 

We have had so many offers of help and support from the Open Class and World Class Corps and we are humbled by the welcome we have had 

We are excited to perform with and against all the DCI Corps and we we will keep those who are interested in us informed via our web page www.theco.org.uk or our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/theCOuk/

Sorry for the length of this post and crashing the World Class Forum byt we look forward to seeing you all soon 

John McNamara 

Edited by senators
  • Like 6

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THIS CORPS THIS SUMMER. BEST OF SUCCESS TO THEM !.

Edited by BRASSO