THE ACADEMY 2017

I'm surprised nobody has started this topic yet. I'm sure many people are anxious to see what they put out in 2017! What would you want to see them do this next year?

• Like 1

Drum Corps Bride 2: Electric Boogaloo.

• Like 1

Just keep doing what you're doing and just increase the difficulty and depth in relation to the membership like you have since 2014 and you will be set.

Some of the smartest designing in that regard over the last few years from this corps.

Edited by DrumManTx

Just keep doing what you're doing and just increase the difficulty and depth in relation to the membership like you have since 2014 and you will be set.

Some of the smartest designing in that regard over the last few years from this corps.

So...you're hoping for an undead French Mary Poppins show?

• Like 2

The Adams Family Vegas Wedding Reunion.

or alternatively, the " Elvis Is Not Dead " themed show.... with Vegas as the backdrop.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

"Drum Core Orchard"

Buy all the tree props used in 2016 by other corps, and design a show about apples:

Picking Apples

10 Little Apples

Red Apple

Ten Rosy Apples

A Johnny Appleseed Song

Unpeeled Melody

• Like 1

I love DrumManTx's idea from a little while back of Academy doing a silent movie show. This would be a great opportunity for them to play soundtrack cues from the Oscar-winning film The Artist. I know BD played "Peggy & George" back in 2012, but there's a lot more music from the soundtrack to choose from. "George Valentin" would make for a fun pit feature (if they want to continue the tradition), and "Comme une Rosée de Larmes" would make a sublime ballad.

• Like 1

I love DrumManTx's idea from a little while back of Academy doing a silent movie show. This would be a great opportunity for them to play soundtrack cues from the Oscar-winning film The Artist. I know BD played "Peggy & George" back in 2012, but there's a lot more music from the soundtrack to choose from. "George Valentin" would make for a fun pit feature (if they want to continue the tradition), and "Comme une Rosée de Larmes" would make a sublime ballad.

Love that idea for a ballad. Just out of curiosity, in your perfect world, would the solo on the front and back ends of that be flugel again?