Donnie Van Doren - continues at program and staff coordinator

Lauren Teel - percussion caption head

Anthony Cruddas - brass caption head

Susan Hanggi - guard caption head

Todd Clevenger - visual co-caption head

Pat Miller - visual co-caption head

Go Troop!

• Like 3

Want to share a show idea I have for the Troopers: a tribute to America's National Parks. The parks create a wonderful color palette that perfectly matches the modern Troopers image. I know that Rochester-area composer Dan Welcher wrote a series of pieces based on four of the national parks: The pristine Glacier, the powerful Yellowstone, the serene Arches, and the unbridled Zion. Take a listen to the only known recording of all four pieces by the University of Texas Wind Ensemble (disregarding the Symphony No. 4 that is also on there):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL32uRpCavNg9_MvyW8Zq5BnpAglhJovCF

It's a little out there in terms of its composition, but if the Troopers could pull off the Corigliano section last year, they can pull off this suite. And I'm okay with RWS throwing in some original material in there as well.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 6

Want to share a show idea I have for the Troopers: a tribute to America's National Parks. The parks create a wonderful color palette that perfectly matches the modern Troopers image. I know that Rochester-area composer Dan Welcher wrote a series of pieces based on four of the national parks: The pristine Glacier, the powerful Yellowstone, the serene Arches, and the unbridled Zion. Take a listen to the only known recording of all four pieces by the University of Texas Wind Ensemble (disregarding the Symphony No. 4 that is also on there):

It's a little out there in terms of its composition, but if the Troopers could pull off the Corigliano section last year, they can pull off this suite. And I'm okay with RWS throwing in some original material in there as well.

Could throw "Shenandoah" (which they used well in 2014) in as well.

Getting the Grand Canyon/Bryce/Tetons/Yellowstone in there for props might need a few more stagecoaches from Casper.

• Like 1

Any word on the rest of the staff? They announced caption heads a few days ago, wondering who will be on the team

Andy Grindle, mellophone tech since 2012, is returning again.

• Like 1

I know where they might be able to purchase one, if they are relentless about pursuing it. :cool:

Of course they could also ask for a loan from Boston :ninja: