Crossmen 2017

All things Crossmen related here!

Loved, loved, loved the 2016 show!!! What is Bones doing in 2017?

• Like 1

Well new visual designer and new visual caption head, so they'll look different. Interesting moves since I consider those to have been their strong suits by far the past few years, but each of the new staff members have very interesting and very strong backgrounds. Will be one to watch. Highest finish in over a decade after all...

I hope they keep their approach they used in 2016. Was incredibly fresh, exciting, and so well put together. INCREDIBLY organic and seamless program. Markworth did the impossible and made an (mostly) all original show incredibly melodic, memorable, and exciting. Their color guard has been absolutely outstanding the past few years, I'm glad to see they maintained that aspect of their visual program. So many fantastic moments in their show, the highlight of which was that ballad arrival with the double sided flags. That kind of simple and incredibly impactful stuff is so cool to see.

If I had some things to wish for, maybe a touch more exposure from their drumline and front ensemble, both of which were very good and I think could have been featured a little bit more. The uniforms read a touch muddy for me, but that's just my opinion.

But all together, really exciting direction they took this year, and incredibly unexpected. Doing Texas proud, for sure.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

If I had some things to wish for, maybe a touch more exposure from their drumline and front ensemble, both of which were very good and I think could have been featured a little bit more. The uniforms read a touch muddy for me, but that's just my opinion.

Interesting, seeing as last year their hornline was one of the ones who played the least and had the most percussion exposure compared to other groups.

Agreed, color guard has been a definite plus in the overall visual package. The front ensemble was very strong last year, and the battery has come a long way in the past several years. I would've loved to have seen one or two moments in the show where people are just like, "D@#N!" or "Holy $#!+" As far as the music goes, and a strong, blow your face off type of moment. But, these are just the opinions of an aging alum who is proud of how this group is progressing year after year. Doing a good job of moving forward with the activity, while still honoring traditions, and its roots (including the drumline having the Thurston lick in the show again this year).

I'm a little disappointed that they are not going to have the same visual staff...I thought that was a highlight of their program this past season IMO...oh well...

I'm interested to see if the new brass staff (came on last year) can push the horn line to another level.

I'm hopeful that the new visual guys will be positive changes.

I get that Andy wants to bring his "guys" along to Xmen. But this years team (C. Considine) really got feet and drill clean. I have a feeling this might come back to bite them.