What the 2017 Corps and Guard wear?

Thanks for the clear answer which leads to better understanding.

I would posit that the BD outfit is an allusion to tribal custom and tradition rather than a replication and would be therefore less offensive. But there are those who are so "politically correct" that any inference or suggestion would seem offensive. If so, any time a marching arts performer dons a costume/outfit/uniform then cultural sensitivities might come to play. Where the boundaries are might be fluid by circumstance, intent, and history.

When the Cadets did Holsinger's In The Spring, at the Time when Kings Go Off to War (a title which Holsinger, a church organist and composer took from the Old Testament/Jewish Scriptures of the Second Book of Samuel 11:1 and I Chronicles 20:!) the all male rifle line was anachronistically costumed as medieval knights. I was so impressed when Jim Moore, one of the guard designers and faculty, went to the religious leaders to learn if it was ok to have a clergy-stand-in bless the knights during the show before their feature, as if they were going to war against the judges. The judges, according to the tapes, loved the layering and never mentioned the anachronism. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjyHBv5rFiQ Today's designers may have a tougher time in this culture of "diversity" where all are invited but not automatically respected. It's a challenge for sure.

What other possible 2017 clothing of interest?

Being "so politically correct" isn't just about pc, it's about being respectful and treating others with the dignity they deserve and have been robbed of for years by oppressive white regimes with their discrimination and appropriation.

People these days who have problems with being pc is actually code for "####, I'm getting called out for being a bigot and it hurts my feelings!"

So yeah, your posts on the matter are ignorant and offensive.