Underrated Shows?

What are some shows that aren't heralded as "great, memorable shows" that you guys love?

My personal choice is Madison 95.

• Like 3

Probably because I was just listening to it, but Phantom Regiment 1993 comes to mind. It gets a little lost in the conversation after Star and Cadets, but man that is a beautiful show.

• Like 5

What are some shows that aren't heralded as "great, memorable shows" that you guys love?

My personal choice is Madison 95.

Probably because I was just listening to it, but Phantom Regiment 1993 comes to mind. It gets a little lost in the conversation after Star and Cadets, but man that is a beautiful show.

I think both 95 Madison and 93 PR are shows that people think of very highly.

As for shows that I believe are underrated:

1974 Phantom Regiment

1978 Madison

1987 Phantrom Regiment

1987 Blue Devils

1989 Cavaliers

1990 Blue Devils

1990 Cavaliers

1991 Cadets

1991 SCV

1991 Madison

1992 Phantom Regiment

1994 Madison

1995 SCV

1996 Carolina Crown

1997 SCV

2003 Crossmen

2004 Cadets

2005 Blue Devils

2011 Carolina Crown

2012 Cadets

I've got more, but these are shows I think of quickly that I don't believe have been appreciated enough.

Really not sure how 95 Madison and 93 Regiment could possibly be considered "underrated"... I thought 95 was Madison's most famous show ever, or a close second to 1988, and that Regiment show gets mentioned in tandem with 96/08 all the time. Ah well.

As far as underrated shows, my quick picks:

SCV 1995 (happens to be my favorite SCV show ever, yes that includes 1989 and 1999), and few people seem to know it...

Regiment 1997 (kindof a mess visually, but lovely music, and one of the best "crowd participation" moments ever)

• Like 2

Yea Madison 95 would definitely be a great show!

86 cavaliers I like a lot. 01,02,03 SCV. 87 Phantom regiment and also from that year BD Star and VK.

85 Spirit and Madison are a couple favorites.

82 Skyriders!

80 Guardsmen

79 North Star

75 Blue Devils!

• Like 1

There are lots of shows I see as underrated, but some of my choices include

1978 Boston Crusaders. They had a great season that year and were on many lists for a top 12 spot but they had s tough run in Boulder so we did not see them in finals, which is why it's a forgotten show by many, but it was an amazing show.

1980 Garfield Cadets: it was the last of the old school Garfield in many ways, but you could see they were emerging to greatness.

1981 27th Lancers: the drama off the field sometimes overshadows the great show on the field.

1987 Star of Indiana: loved the circus show and one I thought deserved a better placement.

1997 Phantom: while I will say it was not the most exciting show and there are other pieces from "The Ring" that could have been used, musically this could have been the most difficult show musically and I'm not sure they are given credit for this accomplishment.

2008 Crown: didn't see them live that year, but I think so much focus was on the top three, especially the game of musical chairs that year, we forget about this 4th place show.

2012 Bluecoats: amazing horn line, some excellent color guard work. Santa Clara was also underrated that year.

2014 Academy: what we saw this tea and in 2015 had its roots in 2014.

2016 Boston Crusaders: I never counted them out and while I did not take it on the chin quite as much as the DCP folks who marched with BAC, most folks on DCP wrote them off in early July, and Madison was better than many gave them credit for too.