On Demand from Championships

I'm surprised I'm the first to post about this, but DCI has posted On-Demand vids from championships recently. You have to be an on-demand subscriber, which I imagine some people don't even know about...it doesn't seem that this new "fan network" is getting much publicity or advertising. Anyway, the top 12 are up and also Mandarins, Troopers, Pioneer, Seattle Cascades, and Colts. Both High Cam and Multi Cam. The quality is very good (not 1080p though, only 720p) - there are of course edits due to licensing (Troopers and Academy both have edits that I noticed, haven't been able to sample all the rest yet). The audio sounds great.

This is a good sign though - if videos on demand are up already, hopefully we see orders for the videos and CD's available soon, and maybe even a BEFORE Christmas delivery! Wouldn't that be nice?...

From what you can tell, is it the same video feed from Finals or do they have new angles like the DVDs would?

I think it has some new angles - for example, I watched Boston, and I know during finals they had a "voice sample" issue in the middle of their show (it didn't play correctly or something). Because of this, it looks like they used the sound and/or video from their Semifinals performance in place of it during that section. I'm sure there are other examples as well...Tom Blair tries to put together the best sounding and looking performance possible for each corps, so as you probably have noticed over the years its a common thing to have new angles from Semis or Quarters in place of finals due to performance issues that night from each corps...

I think it has some new angles - for example, I watched Boston, and I know during finals they had a "voice sample" issue in the middle of their show (it didn't play correctly or something). Because of this, it looks like they used the sound and/or video from their Semifinals performance in place of it during that section. I'm sure there are other examples as well...Tom Blair tries to put together the best sounding and looking performance possible for each corps, so as you probably have noticed over the years its a common thing to have new angles from Semis or Quarters in place of finals due to performance issues that night from each corps...

Would it be possible to come up with a list of major edits while you watch for those of us who are curious about edits before we buy the DVDs, since these are more than likely the DVD videos?

Would it be possible to come up with a list of major edits while you watch for those of us who are curious about edits before we buy the DVDs, since these are more than likely the DVD videos?

I'll try - a couple I know right now:

Troopers - the entire "Fix You" section has been removed

Academy - the opening Corpse Bride music has been removed

I haven't noticed any others yet, and thats a good thing :) I'll post if I notice some though.

Edited by leed17
  • Like 1

I'll try - a couple I know right now:

Troopers - the entire "Fix You" section has been removed

Academy - the opening voice narration has been removed

I haven't noticed any others yet, and thats a good thing :) I'll post if I notice some though.

If it's only the voice narration that's gone from Academy I could live with that (although it seems sTooPiD to cut narration). I'll be HUGELY disappointed if they cut any of the music from that great show!

So are we watching Boston's finals performance with the audio from semi's?...lol...I'm confused

So are we watching Boston's finals performance with the audio from semi's?...lol...I'm confused

I think they used the semis performance video and audio for just that section of the show, but used finals for everything else

I think they used the semis performance video and audio for just that section of the show, but used finals for everything else

Although I just watched the high cam, and it doesn't show any change during that section, so maybe the whole show posted is from Semis? Who knows...I just remember there being an issue during finals in the middle of the show when the voice sample cut out. Maybe it was just on the broadcast end. Someone who was at finals would know better....