Music Programs 2017

With the emergence of music based programs versus themed programs (ex. The Cadets 2013) we should start a forum with ideas that would be good music programs. My submission is The Rite of Spring both movements. Also post which corps you think would be best for the music I think crown would make a lit program based on Rite of Spring.

• Like 1

Blue Devils and anything! Seriously, that design team and staff can make pretty much anything work.

With the emergence of music based programs versus themed programs (ex. The Cadets 2013) we should start a forum with ideas that would be good music programs. My submission is The Rite of Spring both movements. Also post which corps you think would be best for the music I think crown would make a lit program based on Rite of Spring.

Ummm.... BD did Rite of Spring in 2013 called "ReRite of Spring" and Academy did some selections in their 2012 show "Left of Spring."

Edited by GREENBLUE

Ummm.... BD did Rite of Spring in 2013 called "ReRite of Spring" and Academy did some selections in their 2012 show "Left of Spring."

That was an interpretation on both cases im talking about an arrangement that is the original piece by stravinsky for drum corps. And besides it wasnt classical for BD it was a mix of jazz classical and ballet styles instead of the original work. And with Academy its as opposite to Rite of Spring as possible as its happy not dramatic and dark

You realize that programs for decades have been music based, right?

Also, as has been pointed out, it's been done.

That was an interpretation on both cases im talking about an arrangement that is the original piece by stravinsky for drum corps. And besides it wasnt classical for BD it was a mix of jazz classical and ballet styles instead of the original work. And with Academy its as opposite to Rite of Spring as possible as its happy not dramatic and dark

Ummmm...all drum corps shows are interpretations, unless it is an original work for that corps.

Are you suggesting the the arrangement be a transcription of the original? Corps don't have that much time to present their program if you would like to see the ballet in its entirety on the field. Might I suggest going to the ballet instead to hear it all?

There are also wonderful albums where you can here both Parts 1 and 2.

At any rate, here is a list of the times it has been "interpreted" for the field:

1976 Argonauts Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 1977 The Cadets Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 1978 Phantom Regiment Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 1997 The Cavaliers Introduction to Rite of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 2000 Phantom Regiment Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 2004 Fever Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 2007 Blue Devils Introduction to Rite of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 2012 Spartans Dance of the Earth from Rite of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 2012 The Academy Rite of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 2013 Blue Devils Rite of Spring Stravinsky, Igor 2013 Blue Devils Rite of Spring Sebesky, Don 2013 Blue Devils The Rewrite of Spring Brenzel, Darryl 2014 Seattle Cascades Rite of Spring Stravinsky, Igor

A Drum Corps Lover's Dream, Part 3. Madison Scouts of course.