DCA Corps on tour?

While I understand there's no other way for Kidsgrove Scouts to come to the US to perform other than touring, would it take away from the DCA "weekend only" experience if those corps normally decided to tour?

C2 for example, has advertised a mini tour in August.

Those of you who've marched DCA, please chime in. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. How does this change the DCA landscape?

It doesn't, really. Cadets2 did something like this in 2015 too around July. It's not like it's an ACTUAL tour. Most of them are in the same boat as everybody else. Working jobs etc. I'd be shocked if anybody did anything like this longer than five days. I say it's just something cool for the kids to do. Jealous of them tbh, didn't get to perform in Navy Stadium when I was in DCA.

Here we go......

I think it's great that C2 is going out and advertising more for DCA! Sadly, anything that GH does will be met with negativism. If Cabs or Bucs were to do this...No problems right?

• Like 1

Didn't mean for this to look like a negative post. My apologies if it looked that way.

Just thinking that with how dca corps average ages are lower than decades before, the ability to recruit membership that's not tied to as restrictive jobs in the summer gives corps the ability to block out more rehearsal time.

Will we see other corps eventually doing similar schedules?

I've had students go to dca because it didn't interrupt their summer class schedules or jobs.

• Like 3

I think a couple of corps already have super camps where they basically rehearse starting on Tuesday or Wed and go through Sunday already.

I know when I marched we did a midwest tour thing where we were gone Thursday thru Sunday one year. Mostly with Adults and real lives and jobs.

Its Doable if your willing to think outside the box.

I think a couple of corps already have super camps where they basically rehearse starting on Tuesday or Wed and go through Sunday already.

Not during the winter or spring.

None that I know of, at least.

Come to think of it... I don't know of any DCA corps with a schedule like this during the summer months, either.

Maybe I'm misinformed here.

Edited by Fran Haring

mini tours happen a lot around the 4th depending on where it falls in the week. get a show or 2 in, a bunch of parades and some rehearsals. finals week a bunch of corps start Thursday. but while the corps are younger, jobs are an issue, and not everyone gets paid vacation. I know in 96 when we performed at DCI, we left Wednesday night and came home sometime late Sunday. I think that same year the 4th was a Thursday, so we rehearsed Friday, then did a show Saturday and some other gig sunday. I think...that was the hershey Show, so post game activities may have blurred my memory of Sunday LOL

A mini-tour would be in effect any time an Eastern DCA corps might venture out to Wisconsin and/or Minnesota, head down to Atlanta and Carolina or even, shudders, Florida.

It seems a number of DCA corps has been rather ensconced for too long at their own neighborhood (and watering hole) and at least 5,6,7 states of DCA corps have to do all the heavy travelling.

Kudos for C2 being to work something for the enjoyment of the MMs and activity.