DCA Rules Congress

so based on Facebook posts, we know all brass legal like DCI. Any word on additional electronics enhancements? Other rules ( i heard timing was modified to match DCI, not confirmed)

any updates on streaming etc?

so based on Facebook posts, we know all brass legal like DCI. Any word on additional electronics enhancements? Other rules ( i heard timing was modified to match DCI, not confirmed)

any updates on streaming etc?

I heard the "jet packs and live circus animals" proposal was tabled until 2018. :tongue:

• Like 4

Any brass instruments are now legal (french horns, trombones, etc). Any legal instrument may be amplified as well. An expansion of the definition of "electronic instrument" did not pass, despite overwhelming support from the instructor's caucus. IMO with the changes to brass instruments and amplification, an expansion of electronics was probably too much for one go for the directors (that's a guess...I was at the instructor's caucus, but not in the room for the directors' votes).

There were a few ancillary changes to things like show boundaries and other administrative minutia, but I couldn't tell you what they were.

DId they vote on the thing DCI folks do where they march off the sideline now and then? That's pretty neat. Would be nice to see DCA doing it.

You mean in front of the front sideline? That is already legal, at least within the pit area. I believe Bucs did so a few years ago, and I know Govies did when I marched there in 09.

Edit: Checked the rulebook and the area 5 yards in front of the sideline, from goal line to goal line, is fair game.

Edited by Spandy

Countdown for the first soloist to use a microphone and amp just because in 3,2 1

Countdown for the first soloist to use a microphone and amp just because in 3,2 1

if it works, or effects are added, ok!

• Like 1

if it works, or effects are added, ok!

with using an amp, you no longer have to overblow the horn and change the timbre for a solo. you can play a soft solo and still be heard.

now, how about getting a few trombone lines in there.

• Like 3