some old corps photos

MADISON???? I thought it was West Point!

Looking back through some Scout archives I see that they acquired the year old West Point Uniforms for $5.00 each (which included 8 changes

and variations for each member including dress grays and summer whites). These uniforms replaced the green cadet uniforms that they wore

from 1962 through 1966. The Scouts wore the West Point uniforms in 1967 & 68. When Bill Howard to over as Ex. Dir. in 1969 they went back

to the explorer Scout uniform which they had worn previously from 1952 through 1961. The Scouts kept the explorer uniform (in a variety of forms)

through 1982. In '83 they went to the white Eisenhower Jackets and on and on and on...........................until 2010 when they went back to some

form of the explorer uniform that has yet to be revealed. I personally can't wait to see a little high mark time with dark green pants & spats.

Edited by bass5

IMG_0007-8.jpg

True story.

In 1967, at VFW Nationals in New Orleans, the Kilties borrowed those very sabres.

Both corps were housed in the same dorm at Tulane University, and the Kilties were in desperate need of some beer can openers.

Edited by HornsUp

Is Gilles any relation to Wendy Paquin?

Garry in Vegas

Yup Garry, he's my ex husband. We taught Chatelaines and Seneca together,

he M&M and me Colour Guard. We are still good friends... He was an artist

by profession and he did a number of album/program covers in Canada. I

believe he did all the "Invitation Quebec" ones as his friends were the organizers

of that show. He also painted portaits of certain members as gifts or awards.

SO........we have this new cat. Showed up at our door, just a stray, a vagabond, if you will. So his name........his name became General Butler. As in, "General Butler (the) Vagabond". Only Drum Corps people, especially old school Drum Corps people, get this.

IMG_0028.jpg

General Butler Vagabonds 74

True story.

In 1967, at VFW Nationals in New Orleans, the Kilties borrowed those very sabres.

Both corps were housed in the same dorm at Tulane University, and the Kilties were in desperate need of some beer can openers.

Actually, those two corps were pretty tight back then. I remember being at a show in Janesville over the Labor Day weekend in 1966 when the Scouts and the Kilts came on the field for retreat as one unit.

SO........we have this new cat. Showed up at our door, just a stray, a vagabond, if you will. So his name........his name became General Butler. As in, "General Butler (the) Vagabond". Only Drum Corps people, especially old school Drum Corps people, get this.

Sounds familiar. Back in '79 we acquired a stray, 3-legged Dauchsand, that we named: "Bari MelloSop." He was more commonly refered to as "Bear". If we were asked why, the story was that the name was in honor of Paul "Bear" Bryant. Head coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide at the time.

Even had him dressed in a corps tee shirt at prelims.

Here are a couple of the Bridgemen 1982.

82bridgemen.jpg

82bridgemen-3.jpg

Wendy,

Was there a girl from Seneca who worked with Bob Stone with the Royal Coachmen? I can't remember her name, she disappeared with some guys in a car at our hotel in NJ during 76 DCI. Thought you might know her.

Yup Garry, he's my ex husband. We taught Chatelaines and Seneca together,

he M&M and me Colour Guard. We are still good friends... He was an artist

by profession and he did a number of album/program covers in Canada. I

believe he did all the "Invitation Quebec" ones as his friends were the organizers

of that show. He also painted portaits of certain members as gifts or awards.

82bridgemen-3.jpg

These drummers just kicked so much ### on so many levels in so many ways... :worthy: ... loved 'em! :inlove: I STILL love them... because when I play the DVD or listen to the show from '82... I play it over and over. Especially that tenor lick... but the whole line was awesome.