some old corps photos

Do you have any others of Cavies that year? I marched there that year (and '89) and have so few pictures of either of those years!

Later,

Mike

I will check and let you know. I probably have a few - not sure about the exposures...

Stephen

A couple shots from the Cavaliers Firebird Suite show in 1988.

Sorry - noticed the policy about no posting pics or video. Drat! You'll just have to imagine my pics -

1- A closeup of the guard in mid jump during the Infernal Dance of Kastchei section, with red, orange, yellow metallic flags.

2- A head on view up between the 45 & 50 yard lines at the end of the show - guard in front with red and gold metallic flags all pointing up left, just behind them the brass pumping the last few notes out, and behind them the snares bangin it out.

Edited by Caviecub

Cavaliers 1989 - Gloria

Sorry - noticed the policy about no posting pics or video. Drat! You'll just have to imagine my pics -

1- The whole corps forming a triple ying/yang form - guard with gold flags unfurled at their sides.

2 - Shortly after the percussion start and when the horns begin the melody of Andante - the corps rotates to form a big circle with the guard in an upside down triangle- gold flags beginning to hypnotically spin.

Edited by Caviecub

Cavaliers 1989 - Gloria

1- The whole corps forming a triple ying/yang form - guard with gold flags unfurled at their sides.

2 - Shortly after the percussion start and when the horns begin the melody of Andante - the corps rotates to form a big circle with the guard in an upside down triangle- gold flags beginning to hypnotically spin.

Before I posted photos many years ago I asked Byline and DCP if it was OK to do so. I posted. Very few talked about my photos on this forum. Less talk and more photos is good. Please post your photos :smile:

edit: I've come to understand and respect the secret society of all male corps and all female corps past and present. Some stories will never be told.

Edited by lindap

I just found my old photo albums and scanned a couple Cavie 88/89 pics for a friend. Decided to post them to share. Then came across the pinned post about media, and figured I better take them down. The initial fervor began in 2006. It was most recently updated in 2012 to be a little looser. I just wanted to be better safe than sorry.

However,

A - I'm now finding a lot of pictures have been posted here since 2012.

B - What I have are my own photos, taken by me, not copied from any other sources.

C - My pics are more than 20-25 years old.

So, I shall proceed until apprehended. I don't need any original crediting or any creative commons licensing or anything. I grant them completely to the public - due to my awesome generosity. Corps are welcome to copy them, and I can send better quality scans if they want for an archive or a tbt post.

A couple shots from the Cavaliers Firebird Suite show in 1988.

Scan3.jpg

Scan12.jpg

Edited by Caviecub
  • Like 2

Cavaliers 1989 - Gloria

scan89.jpg

scan892.jpg

Edited by Caviecub

1986 Troopers! Pretty decent for a 28 year old photo from a Kodak Ektralite camera!

1986_Troopers-1.jpg