Green Sabers Drum & Bugle Corps

I'm looking for some information on the Green Sabers Drum & Bugle Corps. First of all, did they ever compete in DCI? When did they start? Are they still around? What State were/are they from?

This is what I know about them so far:

they were called the "pride of the North", they performed at President Kennedy's and President Johnson's inauguration, at the 1964 World's fair in New York City, and at the Canadian Expo in '67. (All info Courtesy of Janet Chiefari's book)

I'm looking for more info on this group. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. B)

Ok I know this corps was directed by Angelo Gentile from 1949 to 1979...

• 9 years later...

This is a very old post and I only stumbled across it when searching on Green Sabers not Sabres. Anyhow, I would be happy to provide some further information if there is still any interest.

Weren't they from Schuylerville, New York which is outside of Albany, NY towards the Massachusetts border?

They were not DCI competitors to my recollection (Avant Garde, Watkins Glen Squires, Appalachian Grenadiers, Mello-Dears, Purple Lancers, Syracuse corps and Rochester corps.)

Steve Rondinaro, current DCI broadcaster, was the director of the Watkins Glen corps back in the day and may be a good lead for further info.