Semi Finals/Finals Predictions

It's funny how after aging out 10 years ago and having a great family life that this would bother me this much.  :worthy: Seems almost silly. You would think it shouldn't bother me. But it does.  :(  I'm still one of BD's number one fans. And it hurts just as much to see them lose as it would if I were still marching. Why is that?  :worthy:  You marched the same era I did. Do you still hold this kind of loyalty to Regiment? Am I holding on too tight?

Oh well, so beit. I'm going to Murfreesboro tonight. Got great seats and I am going to annoy the livin daylights out of everyone around me when I leap to my feet during BD's performance. I hope that hornline gives me a face full tonight. And while their at it, hopefully they will give the judges a face full too.  :)

I was the same way, but I think a couple of things did me in:

1. The fact that Regiment DID go through a "down" period already.

2. The fact that I aged out in 1994, which was a tough year for me because of conflicts with the new direction that the (at the time) new corps director wanted to take.

3. Subsequent attempts to help out by being on staff (visual, brass...I wouldn't have cared what I did) went unnoticed or ignored.

I still love Regiment to death, and I still get that tingly excitement when I see them walk onto the field, and you don't need to fret about how much it means to you...I know EXACTLY what it feels like. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Devils are too strong an organization, too classy, and too proud to not bounce right back though, if that day ever comes.  Should it ever happen, look out for the corps the following year, because they will be on a mission.

You know, that's a good point. I remember after 1993 the corps was so fed up with so many years in a row of 4th and 5th place finishes that in 1994...well...do I even need to mention it? :worthy: I still regret skipping that year. And I knew it was going to happen for them that year. I just decided to persue something else that year- something I could have persued later though. A word to the wise kids, march every year you have because when it's gone, it's gone. And when your corps comes out with a new first call staff and a new look and says "were out to win it this year whatever it takes", make sure your paper work is complete and instrument or guard equipment has been issued to you YESTERDAY!

Edited by torn8o

1-Cadets

2-Cavies

3-Blue Devils

4-Phantom

5-Madison

6-Bluecoats

7-Boston

8-Crown

9-Blue Knights

10-SCV

11-Glassmen

12-Spirit

13-Crossmen

14-Colts

15-Pacific Crest

16-Cascades

17-Southwind

18-Cap Regiment

19-Manderins

20-Magic

21-Troopers

22-Esperanza

23-Kawanis

24-Pioneer

Current placements as perdicted by DCP members. This, obviously, is what WILL happen at Foxborough :worthy: <-- note the sarcasim emoticon

Avg Rank Corps

01.47 The Cadets

01.76 The Cavaliers

03.79 Phantom Regiment

03.82 Blue Devils

04.50 Madison Scouts

05.84 Bluecoats

07.24 Carolina Crown

08.39 Boston Crusaders

08.68 Santa Clara Vanguard

09.61 Blue Knights

11.33 Glassmen