150 replies to this topic

#131 JohnZ

JohnZ

DCP Fanatic

• DCP Community Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

Some State stores (Commonwealth of PA is the only one allowed to sell wine and hard stuff) are now open on Sunday. Forget how long that has been going on, possibly one or two years. No rhyme or reson which stores are opened.

Places selling cases of beer can buy a special license for Sunday sales. If nothing else if will cut down on the lines Saturday night (not kidding where I live). Don't know when this is to take effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the PA LCB started to permit select retail outlets to sell wines and liquors independent of the state stores a year ago - I recall that some Shop 'n Save supermarkets in the Pittsburgh area were some of the first to put these ministores in.

And I think the sale of beer in cases is what I was referring to - now the drive in beer distributors can sell on Sunday as of Labor Day if they purchase the license.

ERIC - as did I. no foul. Just trying to keep this debate from augering in - which it feels like it might just be time for it to die from exhaustion - or a decision by DCA - anyway..... :P
John Zaragoza

1972-77 Derry Patriots
1978-79 Esquires (sorry DCA!)
1980-81 Erie Thunderbirds
1982-87 Steel City Ambassadors
1988-04 Got lost....
2005 - 2008  CorpsVets
[s]Officially Retired 3/11/09[/s]
[s]"Do it to me, one more time"!!![/s]
This time I really mean it....really...I think...

We find comfort amongst those who agree with us, and growth in those who do not.

"Making lurking an artform since 2002!"

#132 camel lips

camel lips

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,423 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:15 PM

Oh barother.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know its true :)
Ed Mason (Big And Phat)
They said you were a great asset. . .I told them they were off by two letters

Im not old or bitter. Its just that your music sucks!

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat!

The assimilation is almost complete

#133 JimF-LowBari

JimF-LowBari

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,741 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:44 PM

I think the PA LCB started to permit select retail outlets to sell wines and liquors independent of the state stores a year ago - I recall that some Shop 'n Save supermarkets in the Pittsburgh area were some of the first to put these ministores in.

And I think the sale of beer in cases is what I was referring to - now the drive in beer distributors can sell on Sunday as of Labor Day if they purchase the license.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks John, I forgot that Sunday beer sales referred to the Drive In places (and I can think of two locally without trying too hard). :P

Man, I have to keep up with this states freaky booze laws. Of course the older I get, the less I have to worry about buying a whole case at a time. Even the remains of a six pack sits in the fridge so long it goes stale. (Except for the stuff my brother in law brings us from his NC Micro Brewery.) Good thing the rum bottles on my cellar always stay fresh for more than a few reasons. ^0^

Kestone Kavaliers 73-74 (3 months)
Westshoremen 74-79,84-85 Alumni 04
Hanover Lancers 04-11
Low Bari - Didn't play lead and 5'6"

VIP Pass given to us to help my wife,

gotta love corps people

#134 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158,754 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

booze laws in this state absolutely suck.

err commonwealth excuse me

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.

#135 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158,754 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

booze laws in this state absolutely suck.

err commonwealth excuse me

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.

#136 CanadianDirector

CanadianDirector

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:38 PM

OK I rarely post about the senior end of drum corps, haven't been to a labor day weekend in a long time, haven't been aware of the change from the NE and I am from Canada so really, it does not matter, however, a few thoughts perhaps someone will enlighten me (if a decision has not yet been made):
For W/S for me a very long drive, cost of gas, hotels, food, tolls (are there any) etc are all factors, that being said they are for anywhere including the NE. so....this venue for I&E etc.... sounds really nice but would it be more expensive therefore adjusting ticket prices then what has been used in the past, are the people in that area prepared for such an event with respect to the number of hotels available, parking, shuttle service? extra cirricular activities etc...., would the ticket prices be comparable. Planned on going this year, just bought my wife a new car so that plan is scrapped, planning for next year. My point is if I decide to attend and some of the issues raised are not corrected (assuming for a min. that is W/S) I would prob be 1) P.O. 2) not Happy and 3 prob not be allowed to attend another event for a long time. With the cost of going to W/S I only hope that there either is a ton of experience from any committe or that the all the bugs are worked out. I am not in favor of any particular location can only say that for the money I would be spending PLEASE make it an enjoyable fan experience above and beyond the competition aspect.
Thank you for the opportunity to present my 'fan' side of the experience. I am a die hard drum corps person, however although my wife marched, she does not sit in the rain for anybody (is there anything for her to do on that weekend as she would prob only go to finals?). Just please whomever decides the location remember the fans and all our needs as well as the corps. (BTW, every DCA show I have ever attended has been spectacular, great job!)

#137 Murph

Murph

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:28 PM

1) P.O. 2) not Happy

I'm guessing "P.O." is something totally Canadian because where I come from, being PO'd and not happy are not two different things! :P
Stacy Williams
Sop '04, '05, '09 CorpsVets Drum & Bugle Corps
Visual/Brass Staff 06 Music City Legend Drum & Bugle Corps
Back in College '07, '08, '10-12(MA.ed)
Visual Caption Head/Brass Staff '11 Arkansas Thunder Drum & Bugle Corps

#138 drumlaw80

drumlaw80

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:37 PM

I think Finals should be held in California, because there are no In-n-Out Buger joints on the East Coast.

#139 CanadianDirector

CanadianDirector

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:44 PM

actually they are the same only expressing my point, not happy is when i am in public p.o'd is when no one else hers all the words that come out of my mouth (if a movie definitely an R rating)

#140 lisard5

lisard5

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:44 PM

I think Finals should be held in California, because there are no In-n-Out Buger joints on the East Coast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL I still haven't figured out why everyone likes those so much!! (I know, I shouldn't be allowed to live in the state and say that! :P )

Lisa Sudduth

Momentum Winterguard, 2013

Forward Momentum Productions, Treasurer 2012 - 
Renegades Guard 2005-2007, 2011-2012
Renegades Treasurer 2007

CV Guard 2000-2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.