13 replies to this topic

#1 topsops

topsops

DCP Veteran

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:25 AM

Please Brigadiers.....don't copy Blue Devils next year....yowza, yowza. If your arranger has to copy Jr. corps, please choose someone else!

#2 TenorsForWorldDomination

TenorsForWorldDomination

DCP Fanatic

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:39 AM

:ph34r: You might want to put on your flame suit for this one. I'm sure it will be closed or deleted anyway.

#3 pito'evil

pito'evil

DCP Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,632 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:58 AM

Please Brigadiers.....don't copy Blue Devils next year....yowza, yowza.  If your arranger has to copy Jr. corps, please choose someone else!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would it matter? There's no A&E in DCA... what are you gonna do have 10 guys yelling the entire show??
Calvin "Optimus Prime" Carr
Kappa Kappa Psi- Mu Zeta
Blue Devils "B" 1996, 1997
Pit

SF Renegades
03,05,06 Pit
04 Drum Major

2009 Front Ensemble (new name, new attitude…)

#4 spcbrass

spcbrass

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

I do yell the entier show...so do others.....but it's more of a "WOOOO" when we really nail something!

^0^
Shawn Carpenter

Posted Image

LOUD Tour TV

#5 kevingamin

kevingamin

DCP Fanatic

• DCP Managing News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

I do yell the entier show...so do others.....but it's more of a "WOOOO" when we really nail something!

^0^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know you have talent when you can yell AND play loud chords at the same time. :D

#6 kosovobill

kosovobill

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:33 PM

Please Brigadiers.....don't copy Blue Devils next year....yowza, yowza.  If your arranger has to copy Jr. corps, please choose someone else!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ummm, perhaps 30 seconds of our show has been played by BD, some parts havent been played by anyone before....what planet are you coming from?

Bill
My Views are my own and do not
reflect the opinion of any drum corps

Brigadiers 2003,2004,2005
Baritone
USAF 1982-86, US Army 1987-2003, Retired
Saginaires Drum and Bugle Corps 1976-1981

#7 Capt Ajax

Capt Ajax

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

This Topsops guy should be cut off from this forum. He doesnt have anything nice to say about anyone at all he likes to bash people and corps when he is nothing but a looser himself!!!!!!

The Brigs have never copied an entire show niether are the arrangements the same exact as a junior corps. The just happen to play great music that has been played before by a junior corps. You tell me one single Sr. Corps that hasn't done that! and so what if it happens to be from certain corps. Thier writer has a style that he writes and it all fits into the corps he writes for. It just so happens that both corps are great corps so it gets noticed more! Now thier are other Sr. Corps writers that are writing simular shows that they did when they wrote for Jr Corps but you dont see them getting Nailed for it. Why Syracuse. Leave them alone!

Edited by Capt Ajax, 12 August 2005 - 02:36 PM.

Brian Wilt
Rochester Patriots
Erie Thunderbirds
Ghost Riders
Syracuse Brigadiers - World Champs 00 01 02
Empire Statesmen - World Champs 97 98 04
Rochester Crusaders
Conneticut Hurricanes
Kingston Grenadiers

#8 kevingamin

kevingamin

DCP Fanatic

• DCP Managing News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

This Topsops guy should be cut off from this forum. He doesnt have anything nice to say about anyone at all he likes to bash people and corps when he is nothing but a looser himself!!!!!!

The Brigs have never copied an entire show niether are the arrangements the same exact as a junior corps. The just happen to play great music that has been played before by a junior corps. You tell me one single Sr. Corps that hasn't done that! and so what if it happens to be from certain corps. Thier writer has a style that he writes and it all fits into the corps he writes for. It just so happens that both corps are great corps so it gets noticed more! Now thier are other Sr. Corps writers that are writing simular shows that they did when they wrote for Jr Corps but you dont see them getting Nailed for it. Why Syracuse. Leave them alone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heck, Al DiCroce's arrangement of Begin the Beguine from 2002 Empire Statesmen was deceptively close to his arrangement from 1989 Dutch Boy. It ain't just the Brigs.

#9 brigmello94

brigmello94

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:33 PM

Whatever....

topsops: If you are genuinely concerned about the direction of the Brigadiers 2006 program, I suggest you contact the board of directors within the next few weeks to voice your opinions and suggestions. I'm sure they will be given the consideration they deserve.

As for Shawn: he is one of the most uniquely talented individuals I have ever met! I still don't know how he manages to play chords on his contra (must be the tape worm) ^0^

Can't wait to get back on the field this weekend--still lots of work to do with the 2005 show!!! ^OO^
Jen
The Brigadiers 94-07
Mellophone

#10 LisaLisaMoMeesa

LisaLisaMoMeesa

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

Can't wait to get back on the field this weekend--still lots of work to do with the 2005 show!!! ^OO^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the brigs copy anything of BDs....it's the talent level. And quite frankly...I'm sick of it. :worthy: B)

PS: I'd also appreciate it if you guys didn't get on the field this weekend.

^0^
Lisa Mc.

San Francisco Renegades Guard 2002-2005
among other things.................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.