90% of Drum Corps Planet

drumlaw80

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if David Hasslehoff and the naked chicken did'nt improve moral,,I don't know what will.But I will give it a shot.

sheep.jpg

Well if David Hasslehoff and the naked chicken did'nt improve moral,,I don't know what will.But I will give it a shot.

sheep.jpg

is that the Love Ewe?

^0^

New owners are supposedly coming soon.

Maybe it'll liven up then.

I'm beginning to wonder when...? They've been "coming soon" since December... :worthy:

I think maybe the reason why it's become so "boring" to some is we see the same topics popping up over and over..that's the way it usually is this time of year all you have to talk about are seasons past and speculate who is going to win and my favorite debate...AMPS.. :P

I'm glad the moderators are here, I don't think they're over stepping their boundaries at all, I don't always agree with the final outcome, but they are essentially here for the "members" protection as well as the forum's. :)

I'm beginning to wonder when...? They've been "coming soon" since December... :worthy:

Let me do the math for you:

60 day transition period - Dec 1 - Feb 1.

90% of Drum Corps Planet ... has become very, very boring. No offense to anyone, but it really is, especially the official "discussion" and "announcement" forums. I cannot even stand to read most of what goes on in there anymore, as it is the same bland thing ... day after day after day. The minute there is any deviation, the thread gets moved, people get demerits ... or whatever. I guess this OT forum is our little solace.

I wish there was some way to find a happy medium between the RAMD cesspool, and the overly segmented rah-rah beige newsgroup that DCP has become.

Lee, I fully concur!

I also have noticed that DCP doesn't move as fast as it used to...anyone know why? It's not our computer here at school because anything else I go on moves quickly.

As the founder of DCP I see it as "better than ever" - not floundering.

The new owners have incredible plans for the site and its best days certainly lay just ahead.

Well, as the founder of Evil DCP, I must respectfully disagree.

:P

http://groups.google.com/group/EvilDCP

Let me do the math for you:

60 day transition period - Dec 1 - Feb 1.

Thanks Rich, I guess I missed the memo that the new owners would take over on Feb...1... :P I forgot I read the transaction period will take 60 days...I guess being pregnant makes you forget stuff sometimes... :)

Edited by Lancerlady

I like this quote --

George Bonfiglio-"Do it, Do it right, and Do it right the first time!"

In law school, I had a bar exam prep t-shirt that said something along the same lines --

"Do it once, Do it right, And never do it again."

I hear what you are saying, but there are circumstances that vary from thread to thread, and I trust the FSTM's to follow the proper guidelines, which they do 99% of the time. :)

I dont understand why there are moderators in the first place, particularly in the OT forums. No matter how hard one tries, it is their personal biases and leanings that are going to cause them to rule that this content is offensive while that content is not, and so on. And that alawys leads to bad feelings.

If you go back on RAMD about 5 years ago the political discussions were brilliant if not brutal until of course it was taken over by 3 or 4 jibbering idiots. These people can easily be dealt with.

If you assume that most if not all people who frequent DCP are responsible and conscientious, then any discussion thats gets too heated will eventually be self moderated.

Personally I would like to see all moderation disappear, at least from the OT forums.