101 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Devil Legend

Blue Devil Legend

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

Welcome to the Drum Corps Planet Community!

We hope that you enjoy your stay here. Please review the Community Guidelines so you can familiarize yourself with the communities' "personality".

Please feel free to contact any of our staff members' if you have any comments, questions, or concerns.

Rich

#2 PAUL ZITO

PAUL ZITO

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:27 PM

b**bs [color=#3366FF][font=Arial Narrow]Hello...Just joined up and would like to know if anyone out there remembers Jim Patterson from the Reading Bucs. He was a horn judge and I would like to renew aquaintances. Have a great summer kiddos.... Paul Zito, Florida Brass

#3 TennTux

TennTux

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

b**bs [color=#3366FF][font=Arial Narrow]Hello...Just joined up and would like to know if anyone out there remembers Jim Patterson from the Reading Bucs. He was a horn judge and I would like to renew aquaintances. Have a great summer kiddos.... Paul Zito, Florida Brass

Paul,
I just wanted to say HI! and welcome you to this forum... :whistle:

Tony B)
dcot60sa70s mod

Lynn Continentals, Lynn, MA., 1963-1968, Bari
Boston Crusaders, Boston, MA., 1969, Bari
Renegades, Everett, MA. (RCA), 1970-1973, Bari
CT.Hurricanes, Shelton, CT., 1974, Color Guard, Rifle Line
Sunrisers, L.I., 1975-1976 Color Guard Capt. and Asst. DM
Sunrisers, L.I.., 1977-1979 Honor Guard/Asst "Uncle Nick"
Sunrisers, L.I., 1980-1985, DM

Reilly Raiders, Willow Grove, PA, 2010-Present, Support Staff
SHOF, Class of 2005
Retired OLD guy!
"My shirts however, will remain in the key of WTF..." ~ Fran Haring
2011 GOT Forum ROTY

#4 apoch003

apoch003

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:02 PM

Paul, come to the Historical Forum and I believe you'll get an answer quickly.

Also, LOTS of people in there seem to have mentioned YOU as well! :)
1980 Argonauts Drum Major
1981-1987 Hornline

French Hornasaurus

It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
-- Harry Hill

#5 cheytje

cheytje

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:03 PM

hi, i'm new here,
and i was wondering does anybody has the information for me how drum corps has become so populair in de usa and europe, i
t's for a school project
i hope that some of you can help me :)

greets,
cheyenne

#6 Cavaliers Biggest Fan

Cavaliers Biggest Fan

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

Yea so far I love this stuff! Drum Corp is my life!!!![b][font=Impact]

#7 phantom_08

phantom_08

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

Hello I am a horn player and I would like to know if anyone can give me any tips on how to become a drumajor, like what to do to get ready to try-out, thanks and hope some one can tell me.

#8 Lasallemello73

Lasallemello73

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

Hi!
Decided to join in the fun! Former mello player from Lasalle Cadets (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) and former member of Ceremonial Guard Band (1982) cornet, a wannabe euph player in an All Age Canadian Corps in the Fall (2007). Former Music teacher, (OCT). Haven't decided which organization to join yet. Looking forward to posting pics and getting in touch with former and current players from Ottawa Valley, western Quebec Corps and all our great Canadian Corps. Started out at age 10 on sop with Golden Trumpeters (Carleton Place), and then Carleton Place Marching Saints from 1965-1971, then mellophone player with Lasalle during last year of Corps (would have played to age-out if corps had not folded). Decided to take up the trumpet at age 20 and graduated from Nipissing University with Bachelor of Education in Music Education. Haven't played for about 10 years, but leaning (strongly) towards euphonium this fall. Moving back to GTA in August and looking forward to playing Brass Ensemble again.
Rob Gibson :P
Carleton Place- Golden Trumpeters '63-'65
Carleton Place -Marching Saints '65-'71
Ottawa - Lasalle Cadets (mello) 1973
Band Of the Ceremonial Guard 1982
Bachelor of Education - Music Education
Lifelong Drum Corps Fan
Hoping to get into All-Age Corps sometime soon!

#9 dcijay

dcijay

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

Hello I am a horn player and I would like to know if anyone can give me any tips on how to become a drumajor, like what to do to get ready to try-out, thanks and hope some one can tell me.

there is this GREAT dm camp in Boise Id. its the best. is you want more info google it. its called 'calvalcade"

#10 musicmusicmusic

musicmusicmusic

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

Greetings, just figuring out how this posting thing works!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.