Tim Meehan

Tim's name came up on the favorite soloist topic. I see he marched BD, VK, Crossmen, SCV, and BD again. Can someone tell me what years he marched with what corps? Thanks.

Ask and ye shall receive!!

From his bio on the BD member roster (bur reordered, since he listed it by corps, not year):

Blue Devils 1988, 1989

Velvet Knights 1990

Crossmen 1991

Santa Clara Vanguard 1992

Blue Devils 1994

Thanks. Any idea why he moved around so much? And was he a soloist with BD in '88? Sorry for so many questions, but I've been curious about this for a long time.

If you look at the staff listings of all the corps he marched with, you'll find his fathers name!!! How's that for an answer?

Thanks - makes sense to me. Was his dad not on any staff in '93 :worthy: ?

What happened to John Meehan after 1989?? Did he age out?

What happened to John Meehan after 1989?? Did he age out?

Possible, but I'm thinking it was a break for college.

He was in the B corps when I marched...moved to the A in 86, and if he was 14 when he did so he would've graduated high school in 89, then he had a break on the BD roster from 90 through 93, so that potential time line works. He joined the staff in 94.

Soloist in 88?? Yeah....got a nice closeup, too! Don;t remember which chart, tho...I'd have to pull the DVD.

Don;t know about when Jack was on BD after I aged out...but Tim following him around makes some sense.

Edited by 84BDsop

I'm guessing he was one of the 5 or 6 soloists up front at the end of the show in 88. I thought he was in the duet at the beginning of Goodbye Yesterday but then I realized that was the same dude that played the solo in 87's Harlem Nocturne (which would not fit his bio). I'm guessing he was in the duet in 89 during the ballad that played the lower part. Which would make him the soloist in 90 VK just before Follow the Yellow Brick Road. Hope that's accurate .. just trying to put the pieces together.

I'm guessing he was one of the 5 or 6 soloists up front at the end of the show in 88. I thought he was in the duet at the beginning of Goodbye Yesterday but then I realized that was the same dude that played the solo in 87's Harlem Nocturne (which would not fit his bio). I'm guessing he was in the duet in 89 during the ballad that played the lower part. Which would make him the soloist in 90 VK just before Follow the Yellow Brick Road. Hope that's accurate .. just trying to put the pieces together.

Just to clarify, you mean TIM, correct?? (since John had come up)