1976 Crossmen at DCI?

I asked a friend and fellow alumni....this is what she had to say....she may chime in later;

After we were Disqualified early in the season, I think it was the first show on the first Tour (it was Sevierville,Tn.), we were only allowed to be the exhibition corp. We still had to go to all of the shows but did not get judged. I guess the only judged show after being DQ, was the World Open show in Lynn Mass.

I am pretty certain once it was "rumored" that a corps was marching an overage member, then the corps was approached and given a warning. I know 27th always kept copies of our birthday certificates with us on tour - just in case we were ever challenged.

I never heard the Bridgemen were given a warning prior to prelims in '77. If they had been warned - then the punishment fit the crime.

Legend...

We were told at Whitewater, on Saturday, August 6th, prior to our prelims performance there, to pull out the "overage" members. (Two individuals)

We did just that, received a warning, and continued on with the rest of tour. We placed two other individuals in their blanks.

We were told that everything was fine. We were "good to go"!

So, then, if DCI had such a problem with the "infractions", please tell me why they waited until the day before prelims,

Wednesday, August 17th - 11 DAYS LATER, to inform us that we'd been disqualified ? <**>

And if you really believe that all birth certificates were accurate, and legitimate back then, I've got a bridge to sell you, very cheap, located in Brooklyn! :P

• Like 1

Thought that would be a bridge in Bayonne :doh: Which the only time I saw it in 78 or 79 looked very nice over the bizarrly colored water. :doh: Seriously thanks for the date on the "warning", don't think I ever heard this before.

In this day of DCI controling 99.9999% of Junior corps action it finally hit me why (probably) Crossmen could compete at World Open and UOEC... WO and UOEC were NOT DCI shows. :doh:

• Like 1

Thought that would be a bridge in Bayonne :doh: Which the only time I saw it in 78 or 79 looked very nice over the bizarrly colored water. :doh: Seriously thanks for the date on the "warning", don't think I ever heard this before.

In this day of DCI controling 99.9999% of Junior corps action it finally hit me why (probably) Crossmen could compete at World Open and UOEC... WO and UOEC were NOT DCI shows. :lol:

Hi Jim...

That bridge not for sale! :doh:

Water is better now...

only TWO different shades! :doh:

Hi Jim...

Water is better now...

LOL, know the feeling about the water. When I was in High School in the early 70s, many days you could smell the Susquehanna before you saw it. Not exactly sure what you were smelling... and maybe better that way. :sshh: :P

And if you really believe that all birth certificates were accurate, and legitimate back then, I've got a bridge to sell you, very cheap, located in Brooklyn! :P

Not only that but let's say..for argument's sake....the corps had a legitimate and accurate birth certificate, but it ACTUALLY belonged to a marching member's younger sibling--how would DCI know???

I'm not saying, I'm just saying..it COULD have happened. :sshh:

Hi Jim...

Water is better now...

So the guy that used to sell the hot dogs outside the Bayonne stadium - maybe he steamed them in Bayonne water - they were always the best darn hot dogs of the summer!!!

OFFICIALLY, I'm still not sure if 27th was awarded 4th or 5th place in 1977. I always assumed 5th with no 4th place awarded (stupid, either way). Does anybody know for sure?

Not only that but let's say..for argument's sake....the corps had a legitimate and accurate birth certificate, but it ACTUALLY belonged to a marching member's younger sibling--how would DCI know???

I'm not saying, I'm just saying..it COULD have happened. :sshh:

Hey Unc...

So, are you sayin' that the SYSTEM may have been just a tad, uh...inaccurate? :doh:

So the guy that used to sell the hot dogs outside the Bayonne stadium - maybe he steamed them in Bayonne water - they were always the best darn hot dogs of the summer!!!

OFFICIALLY, I'm still not sure if 27th was awarded 4th or 5th place in 1977. I always assumed 5th with no 4th place awarded (stupid, either way). Does anybody know for sure?

I think that we were awarded fourth place, but I'm not even sure.

Of course, back then, there was only one placement that mattered. (Boy, were we tainted, or what?) :P

Nowadays, I'm not much into numbers, unless they win the lottery for me! :)

Hey Jimmy...

Are you & some of the other Lancers coming to the TOS, on June 23rd?

Scary thought about the hot dogs, by the way, but, you may be right!!! b**bs <$1 to Billy Joel>

Hey NYC has some darn good dirty-water dogs, too!!! :sshh:

Hey Jimmy...

Are you & some of the other Lancers coming to the TOS, on June 23rd?

Scary thought about the hot dogs, by the way, but, you may be right!!! b**bs <$1 to Billy Joel>

Hey NYC has some darn good dirty-water dogs, too!!! :sshh:

Can't do it. I'm just finishing up a run of "Lost in Yonkers" at the Playhouse and we're wicked busy (still from Reveah!) at work. We should do a combined Bridgemen/27th reunion someday. Maybe at the half-way point on route 95! Leave the kiddies home, for sure!