1976 Crossmen at DCI?

Can't do it. I'm just finishing up a run of "Lost in Yonkers" at the Playhouse and we're wicked busy (still from Reveah!) at work. We should do a combined Bridgemen/27th reunion someday. Maybe at the half-way point on route 95! Leave the kiddies home, for sure!

Sorry you won't be able to make it.

Youse guys should definitely try to come out to catch one of our performances this summer! Quite a few surprises in store!!!

>>We should do a combined Bridgemen/27th reunion someday. Maybe at the half-way point on route 95! Leave the kiddies home, for sure!<<

Yes, yes, and definitely...YES!!!

Can't do it. I'm just finishing up a run of "Lost in Yonkers" at the Playhouse and we're wicked busy (still from Reveah!) at work. We should do a combined Bridgemen/27th reunion someday. Maybe at the half-way point on route 95! Leave the kiddies home, for sure!

Maybe we could all meet at Mohegan sun :P .Drum corps party, complete with the slots. ^0^

Maybe we could all meet at Mohegan sun :P .Drum corps party, complete with the slots. ^0^

Or at FOX -WOODS!!!

Maybe we'll run into my college buddy, and fellow trumpet player, John Pizziarelli...

The very talented, singer-guitarist son of Bucky Pizziarelli, (famous guitarist).

John is the guy that sings the "Meet me at FOX-woods!" jingle that you hear on radio and TV, quite frequently!!!

I'll have to enlist the services of Mr. Terry Keenan, to coordinate the entire event. I'm certain that he'll want to work a golf outing into the schedule at some point during the 27/Bridgemen festivities!!! :P

Sorry to hijack the thread, guys! We now return you to your original topic...

The 70's...what a crazy period in time they were!!! :huh:

Or at FOX -WOODS!!!

Maybe we'll run into my college buddy, and fellow trumpet player, John Pizziarelli...

The very talented, singer-guitarist son of Bucky Pizziarelli, (famous guitarist).

John is the guy that sings the "Meet me at FOX-woods!" jingle that you hear on radio and TV, quite frequently!!!

I'll have to enlist the services of Mr. Terry Keenan, to coordinate the entire event. I'm certain that he'll want to work a golf outing into the schedule at some point during the 27/Bridgemen festivities!!! :P

What the heck - it's a Crossmen thread - they're invited too!! BTW I was in the Foxwood's commercial where the trumpet player blows a chip out of the bell of his horn! (I wasn't the trumpet player, I was in the background). Terry is in California now. He comes on here once in a while. We can PM him!

• Like 1

And the guy who started the thread marched in the 70s... so there :P

OK, where's Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun? Few years ago vacationed at Mystic/Groton, CT and couldn't get away form the Mohegan Sun radio ads. #### thought MS owned the station for all the ads and "special reports" that were run. :wub:

The Crossmen were announced as having overage member (or members) after they performed at the August 2, 1976 Sevierville, TN contest. They did exhibitions the rest of the DCI tour, and besides the World Open, they also competed in PA on August 23, at the UOEC Championship August 28 and they won the September 4 Eastern States Championship.

"The Way I Remember It":

The overage member was a prior member of another Philly junior corps. He had left that corps to march with the Crossmen. The "Other Corps" director knew he was "Overage" and snitched to DCI, with the predictable result.

"Snitching" (aka "Squealing, Narcking Out", "Dropping a Dime") seemed to be quite "In Vouge" back in the DCI of the 1970s. The 1975 Hawthorne Muchachos were on the recieving end of a "Snitch", as were the 1977 Bridgemen.

Elphaba

• Like 1

I have to ask, and I'm sorry if this is a sore subject, but when a situation like this (overage member) happens is it the corps not knowing or the corps not doing anything about it? And if you know you're too old and you know the rule, then why would you put your corps and organization at risk? Did people not know the rules or what? Thanks for the insight.

I have to ask, and I'm sorry if this is a sore subject, but when a situation like this (overage member) happens is it the corps not knowing or the corps not doing anything about it? And if you know you're too old and you know the rule, then why would you put your corps and organization at risk? Did people not know the rules or what? Thanks for the insight.

Sort of like Santa Clara in 89?

"The Way I Remember It":

The overage member was a prior member of another Philly junior corps. He had left that corps to march with the Crossmen. The "Other Corps" director knew he was "Overage" and snitched to DCI, with the predictable result.

"Snitching" (aka "Squealing, Narcking Out", "Dropping a Dime") seemed to be quite "In Vouge" back in the DCI of the 1970s. The 1975 Hawthorne Muchachos were on the receiving end of a "Snitch", as were the 1977 Bridgemen.

Elphaba

The overaged member was a close friend of mine. He was my best man. We marched together in a small corps from Bristol Pa known as the Bracken Cavaliers. When Bracken broke up a lot of the members went to Crossmen and some went to Caballeros. I went to Cabs but ended up in Crossmen. At the time, Crossmen did not ask for proof of age. At least they did not ask for mine. I do not know if the corps knew his age.

The so called alleged "snitch" was the director of a well known Philly corps from the mid 70s. It was not the director of Bracken. Technically The Blue Stars are the ones who "snitched". There were a couple corps trying to get Crossmen disqualified in both 75 and 76, mostly from the local circuit Crossmen belonged to.

Should he have known better, yes. I know he always felt bad about it.

I thought I'd clear a little bit of the story up as this thread has come up a couple times in the past.

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight. Guess 30 years is a long enough time for tempers and feelings to calm down and allow the facts to finally come out.

Guess you can tell I'm a history buff and hate when I find questions from the past that can never be answered. :laugh: