1976 Crossmen at DCI?

"Snitching, and getting it wrong":

"Way back when" (I've told this story before) a very good friend of ours (A member of a metro junior) was directed to be "Carded" by the very well known director, of a very well known South Jersey junior. Turns out he was actually LEGAL!!! :P

The "Age Protest" was a 'One Shot" deal, and the guys marching either side of him (Members of a very well know SENIOR coprs) who WERE "Over Age", escaped. :ph34r:

Over age members and the "Snitching" that went with "Outing" them have gone on "Forever". It became far more LETHAL in the era of DCI. ^0^

Elphaba

• 8 years later...

The Crossmen were announced as having overage member (or members) after they performed at the August 2, 1976 Sevierville, TN contest. They did exhibitions the rest of the DCI tour, and besides the World Open, they also competed in PA on August 23, at the UOEC Championship August 28 and they won the September 4 Eastern States Championship.

I am pretty sure that show in Sevierville, TN was in June or July, It was the first show on our first tour that summer!!!

I am pretty sure that show in Sevierville, TN was in June or July, It was the first show on our first tour that summer!!!

It was August 2, 1976. The event is well-documented to have occurred in Severville, and that year's DCI show in Sevierville was held on August 2. It was their first show of the SOUTHERN tour that season. Here's a link from some Crossmen who lived through it:

http://bonesman.livejournal.com/51742.html

Notice the August 2, 1976 Sevierville, on top of the second post.

Edited by Northern Thunder