Best Cadet's Hornline Ever?

WoofInTheWoods

72 members have voted

1. 1. Best Cadet's Hornline Ever?

• other year

By far the cleanest hornline visually than any hornline since.  

Ill drink to that.  Before i saw the video for the first time i was skeptical about the perfect 20 in visual...but my God they were amazing.  I was just waiting and waiting for an interval error the entire show and it NEVER came.  It was absolutely beautiful.

I would have picked 1972 as the 'best', because that's the year I played horn    %-)

....but I have an old video of us at Blue Rock's show and ....ouch! The soprano line!   :o)

...come to think of it, since 1972 WAS the year I played horn...another reason NOT to pick it as a "best"    (8-]

The 2000 line was VERY good, but I think I might go for 2001.

Mike

Guest GeorgeD

Personally, I'd have to go with 2001 also.  The strength of that hornline from top to bottom was so strong... no weak section.  Very nice top sound with a full and mature low end.

The Bb's really put out a superior (and louder, I might add) low end sound.

The line not only had a very hard book and drill, but also had to switch from style to style.  Bravo!

I just watched 2001 again. Man, that was one amazing hornline. Here's hoping we hear that same sound quality this summer.

Guest GeorgeD

I'm surprised that 1993 is getting so many nods in this vote.  Nothing against that year, it's just if you compare it to a lot of other seasons, it would be a tough call to defend.  imo.

2001 was the best in my view musically. Visually, I have to give the nod to 98.

2001 had an amazing lead sop/trumpet line, the mellos were amazing as per Cadets' usual, and the low end had much more force than most of the Cadets' lines. I liked the stylistic changes and (by the end of the season) the transitions that were made from the very broad musical selections. The brass staff and horn arranging quality helped this a LOT too. I hated that show midseason, but by finals night, it was one of the only Cadets' shows I appreciate (I'm normally not a Cadets fan, no disrespect intended for any members or previous members, I just don't normally care for the show design.. I've liked it much better recently.)

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it, but Cadets should have won the Jim Ott last summer. What a hornline! I remember sometimes I would hear them practicing at the stadium. They were such beasts. It was awesome. Cadets 2001 was the best hornline last summer, and the very likely the best Cadets hornline ever.

Just got done listening to 98. Another great Cadets hornline. Definitely in the top 5 of Cadets hornlines.

Gotta agree with Andy and the others. 93 Rocks man!! Also I believe there is a wind symphony mp3 out there somewhere with "When Kings..." . The recording I have sounds like a high school or small college recording. The mello's wail and play super high licks in that piece.

Lovin' it