Royal Brigade?

This was a merger right?

I took my younger brother to a show in Oswego, NY and they were there. Members of the Royal Brigade were chatting with us and wanted us to go on tour with them. I was in the Army and my brother lived in North Tonawanda. They were willing to take him back to pack his stuff but he turned them down. My brother later was with the Lockport Blazers and marched snare but quit. He later was in the Army band for 6 yrs and then did 14 yrs in thge marine Corps band

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct. Meadowlarks/Townsmen

I'll never forget when they came out with their black jackets with peacock design on the back. Wow!

Uni's were really cool. These staff guys that I talked to had auditioned my brother and were going to have him on snare and me playing lead. It would have been cool but I had one more year in the Army.

They are on one of the historical discs. I believe AIO. I have it either 77 or 78. Ireally didn't care too much for them then but after listeing they were pretty good.

I am not sure but one corps was the Meadowlarks an the other I think was the CW Townsmen

Yup...I went to a few of their rehearsals...one fo the guys I judged with at the time, Jack Boyko (marched with BS), was on their brass staff. They did a nice "Light Cavalry" as their opener one year.

You are correct. Meadowlarks/Townsmen

I'll never forget when they came out with their black jackets with peacock design on the back. Wow!

I kniow one year they played the theme from the NBC Network...I wonder if that was the year.

I kniow one year they played the theme from the NBC Network...I wonder if that was the year.

Mike, I think it was 1980 .That was the year of the black jackets / peacock uniform . They had a good brass line but the drum line was always very good!

Mike, I think it was 1980 .That was the year of the black jackets / peacock uniform . They had a good brass line but the drum line was always very good!

I think it was before 1980... I dont remember seeing or hearing about them around then...?