Muchachos 1975

In 1978, my drum instructor, who was active as a judge in the '70s, told me that one of the drum execution judges at the 1975 DCI prelims found two ticks in the Muchachos' performance and the other drum execution judge found no ticks.

:ph34r:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought up World Open and not CYO because I was at the former and not the latter, therefore I wasn't even aware of CYO until now.

But your point does help make the point that there was a lot of topsy-turvy placements going on, which helps discredit any convictions where the corps would have placed in World prelims, as it could have been about anywhere near the top.

Right on.

Right on.

None of this changes the fact that, sitting here at work just thinking about La Fiesta, I get full body chills.

Without adjudication, our activity would never be what it is. It's subjective and frustrating to some but it makes competitive drum corps fun to talk about, even 32 seasons after the fact.

75 Muchachos did not march as well as the upper echelon corps. Meaningless now, but that alone would probably have kept them from the title.

In 1978, my drum instructor, who was active as a judge in the '70s, told me that one of the drum execution judges at the 1975 DCI prelims found two ticks in the Muchachos' performance and the other drum execution judge found no ticks.

Yeah - and one of our instructor's girlfriends step-brother's uncle was a friend of one of the M&M judges - only 11 ticks on their side that day!

75 Muchachos did not march as well as the upper echelon corps. Meaningless now, but that alone would probably have kept them from the title.

And SCV was 4th in MM at finals? Really?

Actually at CYO Nationals 1 field judge had 3 ticks on us, and the other only 2. All of us who marched in the drumline received a copy of the sheets from Dennis DeLucia. We were also told by the percussion adjudicators at DCI prelims that we received a 19.3 in field drums that infamous day......

Actually at CYO Nationals 1 field judge had 3 ticks on us, and the other only 2. All of us who marched in the drumline received a copy of the sheets from Dennis DeLucia. We were also told by the percussion adjudicators at DCI prelims that we received a 19.3 in field drums that infamous day......

You guys were bad ### and your performances will be enjoyed forever, no matter how the season ended.

:ph34r: grats B)

The end of a great drum corps.

Sadly, many corps were marching overage members for years before and even after. But had DCI not DQ them maybe that would be around today. "Woulda, shoulda, coulda"

I know that one corps was marching overage members in 1976 and they were in top 8.

I know that one of the top 3 from 88 marched an overage member. Does it matter today? Not really. But if it were not for the Muchachos in 75, Crossmen in 76, Bridgemen in 77, and Les Eclipse in 84, marching overage members just might have been a lot more common than it is.