Big News Affecting "Div II/III"

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct...but that was before they were all in one division bucket. Two days in Indy so that every corps gets to march at Lucas seems like a good choice now.

I was in the meeting last weekend when the one division thing came to be. The Prelims (Quarterfinals)/Semifinals/Finals scenariio was discussed and all the directors sure sounded like they were on board with it. If all corps advanced, the Michigan City show would just be another show prior to Worlds. I'm guessing here (having not figured out the timeframe during Semifinals day) that seventeen corps will work well for the schedule with the alloted time between Open Class and World Class Semifinals. Sure, they could start Open Class Semifinals earlier, but (again I'm guessing) these things must have all been considered by the Open Class directors.

I'm quite impressed with that group of leaders. I don't think much gets past them without being thoroughly analyzed.

I must have missed that thread. My assumption was that the Open Class corps paid for their own housing. Maybe one of the director-types can clear this up.

Indeed, we pay for our own housing.

I was in the meeting last weekend when the one division thing came to be. The Prelims (Quarterfinals)/Semifinals/Finals scenariio was discussed and all the directors sure sounded like they were on board with it. If all corps advanced, the Michigan City show would just be another show prior to Worlds. I'm guessing here (having not figured out the timeframe during Semifinals day) that seventeen corps will work well for the schedule with the alloted time between Open Class and World Class Semifinals. Sure, they could start Open Class Semifinals earlier, but (again I'm guessing) these things must have all been considered by the Open Class directors.

I'm quite impressed with that group of leaders. I don't think much gets past them without being thoroughly analyzed.

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. I think this will be a GOOD thing!

But, Michael and I think you will agree with me. If Michigan City is set up as an elimination to 17 corps for semis and 19 corps come to Michigan City, it seems ridiculous that 2 corps out of every corps in both divisions would be denied an opportunity to march in Indy at the cost of one half hour in a stadium that's already paid for.

People have been throwing numbers out like there are 30 Open Class corps and I just don't count that many. If ECJ makes it back, I have roughly 20 that will come to Indy based on BDB and SCVCs appearance last year. Again, it seems insane to eliminate 2 or 3 corps and rob them of a chance to march in Indy's new stadium. I mean give the kids a treat at the end of the year.

But, Michael and I think you will agree with me. If Michigan City is set up as an elimination to 17 corps for semis and 19 corps come to Michigan City, it seems ridiculous that 2 corps out of every corps in both divisions would be denied an opportunity to march in Indy at the cost of one half hour in a stadium that's already paid for.

People have been throwing numbers out like there are 30 Open Class corps and I just don't count that many. If ECJ makes it back, I have roughly 20 that will come to Indy based on BDB and SCVCs appearance last year. Again, it seems insane to eliminate 2 or 3 corps and rob them of a chance to march in Indy's new stadium. I mean give the kids a treat at the end of the year.

Assuming of course that the Open Class Championships WILL be held in that stadium. Last year they were not in the Rose Bowl. Personally, I think it's best to put them in a stadium that will be more near capasity of the audience. By the same token, I do have high hopes that the marketing strategies of Open Class will serve to sell more tickets to hopefully make the new stadium the best fit. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Assuming of course that the Open Class Championships WILL be held in that stadium. Last year they were not in the Rose Bowl. Personally, I think it's best to put them in a stadium that will be more near capasity of the audience. By the same token, I do have high hopes that the marketing strategies of Open Class will serve to sell more tickets to hopefully make the new stadium the best fit. I guess we will have to wait and see.

It's on the DCI web site...Friday morning and Saturday morning. Just click here.

Oh, and forgive DCI for not knowing how to use the Find/Replace tool. Read Division II/III = Open Class.