Big News Affecting "Div II/III"

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm really excited about this!

I hope this happens!

I find it hard to believe hat the title of open class would be accepted for a couple reasons,..............first why then would name Division I be around if there are no other divisions like 2, 3 or 10,................this name change of DII/III would in effect cause Division I to have to change it's name, good luck with that,..................also, Open class in a sense gives the monicur of "open to all" and then infering the idea of equal or better than DI,..................again, good luck with that,.................aside from that, they really do need to get together in one class, and have the remaining DII corps, (what, maybe 2 or 3 of them) compete in DI......................or something..........

Edited by Gary Matczak

I find it hard to believe hat the title of open class would be accepted for a couple reasons,..............first why then would name Division I be around if there are no other divisions like 2, 3 or 10,................this name change of DII/III would in effect cause Division I to have to change it's name, good luck with that,..................also, Open class in a sense gives the monicur of "open to all" and then infering the idea of equal or better than DI,..................again, good luck with that,.................aside from that, they really do need to get together in one class, and have the remaining DII corps, (what, maybe 2 or 3 of them) compete in DI......................or something..........

Do you mean like the DCA Open and A Class system? Somehow force the few remaining Div II corps into Div I and make that a class, then what is left of the Div III corps would be A Class.

That could work.

Edited by TenorsForWorldDomination

In my opinion this will have a negative impact on the division 3 corps. Smaller corps will no longer have a legitimate chance of winning a championship. Many will go inactive if they cannot compete with the bigger division 2 corps. How long after this new change takes place will we have so few "Open" class corps that DCI just combines all corps into one division.

not sure if you read the whole article, but it implies that Division I would probably start using the term WORLD CLASS, which would make it parallel to the WGI divisions, and a positive name for both of the "divisions" of junior corps.

I think it's a brilliant move myself

not sure if you read the whole article, but it implies that Division I would probably start using the term WORLD CLASS, which would make it parallel to the WGI divisions, and a positive name for both of the "divisions" of junior corps.

I think it's a brilliant move myself

World Class and Open Class would be nice.

Then Scholastic for all the school drum corps.