Big News Affecting "Div II/III"

Not trying to light any flame wars here, but do you really think you know better than all of those directors?

I honestly don't think this is a great idea. Probably will lead to the demise of many lower Div 3 corps.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think this is a great idea. Probably will lead to the demise of many lower Div 3 corps.

Not a single Division III corps director voted against the change.

Not trying to light any flame wars here, but do you really think you know better than all of those directors?

Absolutely not. But then again, 95% of what is said on this website is pure, uneducated speculation. The truth is pretty much nobody on this website knows better than the people that are out there teaching and running the drum corps we follow around. That's probably why the drum corps community resents DCP so much sometimes - we're just a bunch of uneducated hacks sitting by computers second-guessing their decisions while they're out there on the road, in the heat, actually doing something.

Not a single Division III corps director voted against the change.

I was gonna say that maybe some of these posters who are against it didn't read the whole article. Because everybody voted for it! :)

Nice reporting btw.

Absolutely not. But then again, 95% of what is said on this website is pure, uneducated speculation. The truth is pretty much nobody on this website knows better than the people that are out there teaching and running the drum corps we follow around. That's probably why the drum corps community resents DCP so much sometimes - we're just a bunch of uneducated hacks sitting by computers second-guessing their decisions while they're out there on the road, in the heat, actually doing something.

And Brian, not everybody in the DCI world hates those of us who post on here. Some of what is posted on here are by some directors, instructors and people that know people in DCI and know how it works. Some of us just happen to have opinions about things and that's why this is a "discussion forum". Not all of us are a bunch of uneducated hacks sitting by computers second guessing their decisions.

I just read the article on DCI and thought it was worthy of a discussion.

I find it hard to believe hat the title of open class would be accepted for a couple reasons,..............first why then would name Division I be around if there are no other divisions like 2, 3 or 10,................this name change of DII/III would in effect cause Division I to have to change it's name, good luck with that,..................also, Open class in a sense gives the monicur of "open to all" and then infering the idea of equal or better than DI,..................again, good luck with that,.................aside from that, they really do need to get together in one class, and have the remaining DII corps, (what, maybe 2 or 3 of them) compete in DI......................or something..........

How about Open Class is a better way to MARKET the product DCI is trying to put out. IMO World Class is perfect choice for the now Div one corps.

In my opinion this will have a negative impact on the division 3 corps. Smaller corps will no longer have a legitimate chance of winning a championship. Many will go inactive if they cannot compete with the bigger division 2 corps. How long after this new change takes place will we have so few "Open" class corps that DCI just combines all corps into one division.

They can always Join DCA and be a Class A corps