Audition reports

TrishDish1002

Hey all - give us the scoop on how 2008 is shaping up for all the guards! How many were at auditions? callbacks? etc!

Uinversity of Delaware has auditions Oct. 7 - wish us luck!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas Independent held its first open house last weekend. We're holding 2 more before final auditions. Can't wait! We had a great turnout and hopefully all the kids will stick around :-)

Edited by quegrawks

• 2 months later...
Hey all - give us the scoop on how 2008 is shaping up for all the guards!

here's more than a shovel full of "scoop" for ya!carefull,don't step in it! :doh:

my sources say that miamisburg world guard will bring us the bromidic and timeworn "1812 overture" mixing the swingle singers version with an orchestral recording. :doh:

amidst fluffy cloudy skies carmel h.s. world will be reworking that venerable chestnut "ode to joy". :devil:

avon world guard's show is influenced by witches[not sure which witch's]and word is that this high school unit will have a stylized fractured pentagram as part of their floor design.keep the holy water handy! :devil:

center grove world is presenting the song "stay gold" from the film "the outsiders" but sung by designer/musician and master of mise en scene tommy keenum. :doh: famous johnny amos will write the choreography.

pride of cinncinnatti reportedly had a less than stellar turnout for auditions this year but it's a chance for them to build a bridge over troubled water :devil: and they will no doubt be a top finalist by the end of the season.

Edited by dugg

Onyx had a great turnout and is marching two guards - open and world. No word on their shows yet..

Elizabethtown Indepedent had a good turnout and is excited to enter the ranks of IA this coming season. They are performing to an original arrangment of Moonlight Sonata.

here's more than a shovel full of "scoop" for ya!carefull,don't step in it! :doh:

my sources say that miamisburg world guard will bring us the bromidic and timeworn "1812 overture" mixing the swingle singers version with an orchestral recording. :doh:

carmel h.s. world will be reworking that old chesnut "ode to joy". :doh:

avon world guard's show is influenced by witches[not sure which witch]and word is that they will have a stylized fractured pentagram as part of their floor design.keep the holy water handy! :doh:

center grove world is presenting the song "stay gold" from the film "the outsiders" but sung by tommy keenum. :devil: famous johnny amos will write the choreography.

pride of cinncinnatti reportedly had a less than stellar turnout for auditions this year but it's a chance for them to build a bridge over troubled water :devil: and they will no doubt be a top finalist by the end of the season.

Interesting. . . 1812 done by CG in 2005? Ode to joy done by CG in 1997. Ugh. . .

Stay Gold :devil: Maybe they should have tommy sing live, shirtless....that might get me into it! lol

Sounds like Avon may have the best show of the lot

Pride's turnout less then stellar? I can believe it. . . .Zydeco, Onyx and Pride are all about 25 minutes away from each other. Zydeco and Pride even rehearse in the same town (Middletown) which is right smack in the middle between Dayton and Cincy. From what I've heard Zydeco has at least 4 pride alums, 4 Onyx alums and quite a few alums from Miamisburg and Centerville World....I'm keeping my eye on them, they may turn heads this season.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Onyx had a great turnout and is marching two guards - open and world. No word on their shows yet..

Elizabethtown Indepedent had a good turnout and is excited to enter the ranks of IA this coming season. They are performing to an original arrangment of Moonlight Sonata.

Love it. . .Please put the San Marino move in it!! :devil: I still can't get it

my sources say that miamisburg world guard will bring us the bromidic and timeworn "1812 overture" mixing the swingle singers version with an orchestral recording. :rolleyes:

amidst fluffy cloudy skies carmel h.s. world will be reworking that venerable chestnut "ode to joy". :rolleyes:

It's like Center Grove's greatest hits!

That's awfully brave of Carmel to do Beethoven 9. To me that's one of those pieces that's "on the list."

word from phantom regiment is that several guard members from carolina crown drum corps have joined in this years production and although not confirmed i've heard the show is inspired by butterflies.

farenheit world class from orlando fl. will use a song by sultry chanteuse alison moyet [formerly of YAZ] sung in french.jack pursiful will stage.

best name of the year goes to......... "usurpation" :rolleyes: from kokomo in. they will debut in ind.A class with a show titled appropriately "new beginnings" using the music of peguin cafe orchestra and directed by brayton mendenhall.good luck!

Edited by dugg