Audition reports

TrishDish1002

my brutally honest and erudite source in atlanta tells me that the phantom regiment winter guard is looking fabulous! :devil:

the multi-talented rick subel is collaborating once again with the regiment before he moves on to the bluecoats drum corps this summer as color guard designer,choreographer and caption head.

Edited by dugg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited to see this show now. . . I love what it sounds like they are trying to do!

From wgi.org

Centerville HS Color Guard Leaps into 2008

Jan 8, 2008

The words say “it’s not easy being green,” but the song is about knowing who you are. And in it you hear Jim Henson’s message most clearly. He believed that people are good and that they want to do their best and that no matter how or why we might be different from anybody else, we should learn to love who we are and be proud of it.” Ray Charles

The above quote provides the inspiration for the 2008 Centerville HS World Guard production of It’s Not Easy Being Green. Performing on a black and white pond complete with lilly pads and rippling water, and costumed in bright greens representing our amphibian friends; the 17 young ladies of Centerville will take you on a lyrical journey of discovery and self-appreciation with a soundtrack provided by 22 year old jazz artist Jesse Palter.

Hop on over to the Pittsburgh, Dayton or Midwest Power regionals to see the Centerville HS World Guard.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Does anyone get the sense that it's going to be a "classical" year. 1812, Ode to Joy, Adagio for Strings, Moonlight Sonata.. just to name a few and we still don't know everyone's program. I also think this will be the year of sentimental or throwback shows. Hopefully. . .without the fake crying that a lot of guard liked to do a couple years back! Ugh.

So to recap, here's what we have.. . I think :thumbup:

Blessed Sac: Hypnosis Show

Fahrenheit: music by Alison Moyet

Onyx: The Circus Dies at Midnight--Moonlight Sonata

Phantom: Show about Butterflies

Pride: Bridge over Troubled Waters

Sacred Heart: With Love, Elvis

Signature: Back Stage

Zydeco: United Flight 93 – A Memorial

Avon: A witch/dark themed show

Carmel: On Cloud 9--Ode to Joy

Center Grove: Stay Gold

Centerville: It ain't easy being green

Flanagan: Post Secret

Miamisburg: Tintinnabulation--1812

Northview: The Ripple Effect

Stoneman Douglas: A Life Unfinished

Trumbull: Time

Kings: Dust in the Wind

Interplay: I can see Clearly

Alter Ego: Footprints of Angels

Americas: Visions of Flight

Walton: In Synch with Ester

Elizabethtown: Moonlight Sonata

Usurpation: New Beginnings

Onyx Open: Ritual Fire Dance

Cascades: Revolution!

Delazure (University of Delaware) - IA - "Ain't No Sunshine"

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Delazure (University of Delaware) - IA - "Ain't No Sunshine"

Does anyone get the sense that it's going to be a "classical" year. 1812, Ode to Joy, Adagio for Strings, Moonlight Sonata.. just to name a few and we still don't know everyone's program. I also think this will be the year of sentimental or throwback shows. Hopefully. . .without the fake crying that a lot of guard liked to do a couple years back! Ugh.

So to recap, here's what we have.. . I think :thumbup:

Blessed Sac: Hypnosis Show

Fahrenheit: music by Alison Moyet

Onyx: The Circus Dies at Midnight--Moonlight Sonata

Phantom: Show about Butterflies

Pride: Bridge over Troubled Waters

Sacred Heart: With Love, Elvis

Signature: Back Stage

Zydeco: United Flight 93 – A Memorial

Avon: A witch/dark themed show

Carmel: On Cloud 9--Ode to Joy

Center Grove: Stay Gold

Centerville: It ain't easy being green

Flanagan: Post Secret

Miamisburg: Tintinnabulation--1812

Northview: The Ripple Effect

Stoneman Douglas: A Life Unfinished

Trumbull: Time

Kings: Dust in the Wind

Interplay: I can see Clearly

Alter Ego: Footprints of Angels

Americas: Visions of Flight

Walton: In Synch with Ester

Elizabethtown: Moonlight Sonata

Usurpation: New Beginnings

Cheshire HS is doing "The Moment I Said It" by Imogen Heap

regarding classical music:yes perftecttimeofday,you are aware that alot of classical music is already considered in the "public domain" = less hassle with copyright laws!but why the same old tired chestnuts ad nauseum? :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

you already know that "the circus dies at midnight" is the risible title chosen for onyx world guard's program and you may also know it's obscure and rather gloomy reference is the true story of elvira madigan[1889] a danish tightrope walker and her illicit affair with a married man that ended in a tragic murder/suicide......i know,another "feel good" show! :thumbup: thankfully according to their own press release they promise there will be "no attempt at analysis,no explaination or social understanding". :ph34r:

Edited by dugg

Rancho Bernardo. . .Why?!?! Oh why!?!? I was really disappointed to read they are doing a silent era--charlie chaplin show, called smile. This group is always so unique that I was more than disappointed to read this was their show. . .Centerville did this show SO well in 2003. They won the Gold with it! Centerville's show was in fact called "silent era" I really hope there is a new take on this show from RB. Best of luck to RB..

PS....this just continues the 2008 trend of re-hashing old shows! ;-(

I'm sure Rancho Bernardo's staff will create something truly unique for their students. They always bring fun, creative ideas to the floor and I doubt this year will be any different. Just because someone else has already done it (and happened to win with a similar idea) doesn't mean someone else can't take the idea and put their own spin on it. Look how well Norwin did with "Time to say Goodbye" (Chimeras 1999), and Trumbull and Onyx both did "I think it's gonna rain today" and each show was quite different.

All my best to Rancho Bernardo in 2008!! Can't wait to see it in Dayton.

I'm sure Rancho Bernardo's staff will create something truly unique for their students. They always bring fun, creative ideas to the floor and I doubt this year will be any different. Just because someone else has already done it (and happened to win with a similar idea) doesn't mean someone else can't take the idea and put their own spin on it. Look how well Norwin did with "Time to say Goodbye" (Chimeras 1999), and Trumbull and Onyx both did "I think it's gonna rain today" and each show was quite different.

All my best to Rancho Bernardo in 2008!! Can't wait to see it in Dayton.

With all the music and possible themes/ideas that exist out there, I'm just a little under-whelmed. Yes, groups can take previous music and themes and put their own spin on them, but I really look for programs to step outside the box in this activity and find new music and new themes with new ideas. . .it's how we as an activity evolve. I wish RB the best of luck. I'm sure they'll perform great, but that's not my issue. . .

Also, I remember a group doing a show about 5 or so years ago about trash. . their soundtrack was to the poem SARAH CYNTHIA SYLVIA STOUT WOULD NOT TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT. Hilarious and truly ingenius idea for a show. . .needless to say as the show progressed there were PILES of garbage. I'm not sure how they did placement wise, but I still remember that show. If anyone remembers who it was or can find a video of it, I'd love to see it again!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay