OK... off topic

Who the heck was that that played the hell out of those parts in the 1966 Bucs performance?

SHEESH.... he gave new meaning to *Tripletounging*

Holy Cow!!

That soloist would be John 'Junior" Ferraro. Both Junior and Bruce Englehart did most of the soprano solos & duets in the 60's to early 70's.

That soloist would be John 'Junior" Ferraro. Both Junior and Bruce Englehart did most of the soprano solos & duets in the 60's to early 70's.

:laughing: Welcome to the "Guess Who" games!!

Please pull up a chair, grab a cold one from the fridge and make your self at home here in "Who'ville"... :worthy:

In the "Hora Staccato" solo by Junior back in 1966, he was "flutter" tonguing NOT "triple" tonguing. While Junior insisted at the time that it was triple tonguing, anyone who knows how to triple tongue knows the difference between the two. When triple tonguing you pronounce TA-TA-KA hinging both top sides of your tongue on your eye teeth. Gus Wilke taught me how to triple tongue by pronouncing the TA-TA-KA sound and Tommy Martin taught me to hinge my tongue on my eye teeth. Same holds true when you double tongue. The only difference is that you pronounce TA-KA. When you flutter tongue you are mimicing the sound of a machine gun (like when you played army as a young kid and had an "air" machine gun mowing down the enemy). If you have a CD of Rafael Mendez playing "Hora Staccato" you will hear the Master interspersing both the triple AND double tonguing techniques. Simply amazing.

OK!!! OK!!!! Nuff of this abuse 'cause youse guys see that my name ends with a vowel and you think you are poking fun at that outrageous costume on the unknown comic...........but, truth be told................my mother's maiden name was Margaret Mary Sullivan AND underneath my spandex I wear an erin go bragh..........

I know!! It's the Notre Dame 'Fighting Irish' Leprechaun! (Either that, or Cossetti wearing his Halloween costume.)

Happy Birthday Tom Peashey! Hope I'm not too late!

OK!!! OK!!!! Nuff of this abuse 'cause youse guys see that my name ends with a vowel and you think you are poking fun at that outrageous costume on the unknown comic...........but, truth be told................my mother's maiden name was Margaret Mary Sullivan AND underneath my spandex I wear an erin go bragh..........

And underneath my Kilt, I wear shoes and socks! :laughing:

In the "Hora Staccato" solo by Junior back in 1966, he was "flutter" tonguing NOT "triple" tonguing. While Junior insisted at the time that it was triple tonguing, anyone who knows how to triple tongue knows the difference between the two. When triple tonguing you pronounce TA-TA-KA hinging both top sides of your tongue on your eye teeth. Gus Wilke taught me how to triple tongue by pronouncing the TA-TA-KA sound and Tommy Martin taught me to hinge my tongue on my eye teeth. Same holds true when you double tongue. The only difference is that you pronounce TA-KA. When you flutter tongue you are mimicing the sound of a machine gun (like when you played army as a young kid and had an "air" machine gun mowing down the enemy). If you have a CD of Rafael Mendez playing "Hora Staccato" you will hear the Master interspersing both the triple AND double tonguing techniques. Simply amazing.

Have the Album. A lot of trilling in there to. One of my favorites. Got to meet the man when I was about 14 years old. Watched him in concert playing Carnival of Venice melody and its' variations all at the same time.......WITH ONE FINGER :laughing::worthy: