Hi Tom,

I have never met Don, nor have I had any interaction with him.

I'm not going to go in to reasons why a member may be banned, but please know, it's never personal.

Geoff

(it's 93 degrees out today. Come visit sometime.)

Actually Ray, I have to agree... seems there might be something personal going on here... got a hunch the DCP minder involved is my Canadian friend who spent much of his drum corps life in Rochester, married a Patriot gal and fled to Las Vegas... have no way of knowing for sure...

If Vince Bruni were alive, he'd raise his eyebrows and say "Figures" as he and Donnie had a love/hate relationship that was quite extraordinaire...

Personally, I like Don and worry about his poor health... but he still knows how to scratch his fingernails on the glass and make everyone shutter just a bit... but you are correct, at our age - he's harmless and I don't understand the attention he gets on here... Certainly hope he's ok...

Hi Nanci,

I made an appearance in a photo in 2008! :)

Our long standing policy on DCP is to not discuss why a member may have been warned, suspended or banned. Please know that before any type of suspensions are handed out, the Forum Support Team discusses the issue at length. Suspensions are never given out with out lots of discussion and a valid reason.

Geoff

Geoff,
In all the years that this thread has existed.... I can't recall you ever making an appearance.
Since you are here.... can you please tell me / us why Don has been banned for life??
Thanx in advance!

Sorry Geoff, but... I've dealt with all these folks here for about 7 years or so.
I've dealt with some doozies.
Don is very opinionated as are we all... but we all work it out and end up getting along.
I don't understand why he has been banned for life. Could you please explain it to us?
This is crazy. We all get a bit passionate / mouthy here.... so what? Should we all be banned for life?
Should you moderators just kill the thread all together??
I'm pointing the finger at you because you were the one that jumped in here.
If you can't / won't explain it to me / us..... that's fine.... I'll relocate. No biggie.
Just thought I'd give you folks the opportunity

• Like 2

nope... I assume you're referring to the current pic - answer is no ... neither were ever a dca official... I guess that I know who they are is a good first hint...

hint for the guy on the left... This guy was GREY before his hair went GREY...

Geoff...

as long as we have your attention... how's Tracy? I do miss you guys... and I would love to visit Vegas again and see you guys, but I too am suffering just a bit from terminal old age... and the lack of funds that goes with it... :tounge2:

As for what happened with Don, considering his age and failing health, would it help if I spoke with John? I have made it clear that I'm not questioning that there was justification - but rather that all the circumstances may not have been considered before the execution was carried out.

Finally, as one of the victims of Sal Chimera and several others back when... you know that I accept and welcome the comfort of a moderated forum... and the sanity it brings... as this thread approaches 40000 ... I would think that would give us at least the opportunity to discuss the situation further... even if it must be in private... Go to post #1 on this thread and open the picture... now if that doesn't bring a smile to your face, what will?

• Like 2

If he was GREY, then he must have had a KIGHTly personality ...

:-)

• Like 1

true Andy true....

but those in Hamilton Ontario in 1964... will NEVER forget that night...

Hint #2 "MARK TIME MARCH" - oops....

OK backtrack time for a guy who took a few days off for a wedding..... How about an ID of the horn Arnie is playing? Can't tell the mouthpiece size and middle voices with one valve always throw me. Not like the P/R Mellies and Frenchies with the bell size.....