Thanks for the update, Mr. Swiss Ambassador. Things have been rough down South, and our thoughts are headed in that direction.

Auto-immune conditions like Lupus go undiagnosed sometimes for years, only getting figured out after they've done a lot of damage.

Hoping that Don and his wife are able to hang tough until all this eases up.

If any Moderators are reading, yet another reason to temper such decisions as "Lifetime" bans.

Our lives are short enough when we arrive on Earth, shorter still by the time we get to this "Planet".

Folks can use all the personal connections they can get, even if they don't exhibit charm learned at Miss Lily's Finishing School for Young Ladies.

In the meantime we'll continue to monitor back channels such as Ambassador Tony.

Just makes me sad.

Also a little Sad that GW has been so slow...

• Like 2

Email update from our friend....

Don asked if I would post this...

*Donald Incardona <donincardona@gmail.com>
Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 7:02 PM
sorry to be a pain in the *** but i really need to give you this news. i went to my rheumatologist today to get the results of my labs. it turns out i have lupus and misconnected tissue disease. so we are starting a new regimen of meds. i started a mild antibiotic and a strong painkiller. in a few weeks i start another med called iniuria. so this is serious and may be an underlying cause of some of my problems. can't cure it. just have to work on keeping at bay.
bonnie is having intestinal problems. bad diarrhea. cramps. so she went to our GI doc today and will need to do some labs. if they are negative she will have a colonoscopy. possible colitis. she has to do a low fiber and low fat diet. so we are not a happy home right now. but like i always say things will get better.

Wow... like they need any more health problems on their plate.

Best wishes to both of them, and I certainly hope things take a turn for the better.

Sending a good health vibe down the coast to The Don. Sentire meglio il mio amico.

To the mods of DCP. Please try to understand and reconsider. It's been a while. Even if it's only for this thread.

He's one of us.

I Am Spart.............., oh wait, I Am "The Don!".

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 3

Sending a good health vibe down the coast to The Don. Sentire meglio il mio amico.

To the mods of DCP. Please try to understand and reconsider, even if it's only for this thread.

He's one of us.

"I Am Spart.............., oh, wait, "I Am The Don!".

"I Am The Don!"

• Like 2

"I Am The Don!"

"I AM THE DON!!" (well, his twin brother anyways.... :ninja: )

• Like 2

a few random thoughts from the "back room"...

to turn a human resources phrase, "we don't ban people. they ban themselves". As far as I can remember no one has ever been removed without being given repeated warnings and opportunities to stop doing what they are doing.

personally, I hate to ban anyone. but after careful consideration and all the opportunities, sometime it is simply the right thing to do. maybe I take this 'job' a little too seriously, but I do give it the same attention to detail as i do when I end someone's employment, which I also hate to do - which makes point #1 so important for me to remember.. just a personal perspective.

The community guidelines don't require angelic behavior. that would be boring - just reasonable and respectful behavior.

contrary to legend, banning is USUALLY permanent, but there have been exceptions - but it is completely up to the person whether they truly 'get it'..

whether the person wishes to discuss their removal and express their 'getting it' is completely up to them. If they decide to not respond to communication from the admins to discuss their situation but rather move on or play the martyr, that is their choice. i take it as an indication that they either don't get it, or it is an admission of their egregious behavior and inability/unwillingness to change.

Strange as it may seem, I do miss the 'good Don', and wish him and Bonnie well - hate to hear anyone in our small community having to deal with illnesses or tragedy.

that's all. Really. Please?

BTW - this thread has been languishing or been on topic for quite a while, whatever that was....held off closing it in the hopes that you all kind of get back to Guessing Who. I really enjoyed reading you all - awesome stuff.

z

... BTW - this thread has been languishing or been on topic for quite a while, whatever that was....held off closing it in the hopes that you all kind of get back to Guessing Who. I really enjoyed reading you all - awesome stuff.

Wow ... that's a pretty interesting BTW ... did you really mean to use languishing and "on topic" in the same sentence? ...

... and did you really mean to smack our knuckles with a ruler by telling us to get back to being a Whoer or you'll shut the thread down? ... broadcasting it like Mother Superior as in a veiled threat to others?

That is P|SS POOR ... IMO ... maybe you don't realize how insulting that BTW is ...

Too bad ...

... BTW - this thread has been languishing or been on topic for quite a while, whatever that was....held off closing it in the hopes that you all kind of get back to Guessing Who. I really enjoyed reading you all - awesome stuff.

Wow ... that's a pretty interesting BTW ... did you really mean to use languishing and "on topic" in the same sentence? ...

... and did you really mean to smack our knuckles with a ruler by telling us to get back to being a Whoer or you'll shut the thread down? ... broadcasting it like Mother Superior as in a veiled threat to others?

That is P|SS POOR ... IMO ... maybe you don't realize how insulting that BTW is ...

Too bad ...

Took it the same way, but I for one am too small a part of this GW community to want to be responsible for getting it locked.

So my lips are zipped.

AH - my bad folks....I see what i did there...or didn't. I'll leave it for posterity just to prove i am human and a poor proofreader when I am in a hurry. several incomplete thoughts.

no knuckle whacking, I was trying to say that it has been a while since there's been a steady "Guess Who"s - which I and other youngsters greatly enjoyed reading, and miss. Saying that, threads are typically closed when they go off topic - except when they morph into something equally meaningful to the group (provided it still follows the rules). Closing threads is always considered, but after 8 years of some awesome contributions and memories, it still lives because of those two exceptions.

please read that in the spirit of support for you all - that's the way it was/is intended.

z

prayers and good thoughts going out for Don and Donette.....

Guido