SHHHSSHHHH

No one is supposed to know that DOC actually wrote the drill (as well as most of the music) in 1965... (although were he alive, Doc would claim to this day that Vince "sent" him the drill from Las Vegas)

the drill was totally taught and being prepared for the first show in Batavia when Vince returned from his months in Las Vegas... The day Vince returned was rehearsal at Webster High School (now the Jr. High)... the first thing he did was tell us all we were going to beat Cabs in Portland OR... I will admit that many of the veterans just rolled their eyes - but within a few weeks he had raised the funds and the trip was ON... this remains as one of Vince's great coups in his life...

Everyone knows how much I thought of Vince - our close relationship is well known, but the late Doctor Edward Mizma (PHD in chemistry from Bucknell University) is one of the most underrated people to ever work with a major corps...

"1965 Dream":

The "Crusader Moment" came when the wind kicked up while the corps was on the field.

Looked like you guys were gonna get picked up and come down in my "Neck of the Woods"..... Kansas or Oz.

Great memory of a GREAT corps in a GREAT era of senior drum corps..

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

since some of us weren't even alive when they were a corps, it's no too fast for us

:tongue:

your just a youngster jeff. what do you want to be when ya grow up? :tongue:

your just a youngster jeff. what do you want to be when ya grow up? :tongue:

call me in 17 years when I turn 60

SHHHSSHHHH

No one is supposed to know that DOC actually wrote the drill (as well as most of the music) in 1965... (although were he alive, Doc would claim to this day that Vince "sent" him the drill from Las Vegas)

the drill was totally taught and being prepared for the first show in Batavia when Vince returned from his months in Las Vegas... The day Vince returned was rehearsal at Webster High School (now the Jr. High)... the first thing he did was tell us all we were going to beat Cabs in Portland OR... I will admit that many of the veterans just rolled their eyes - but within a few weeks he had raised the funds and the trip was ON... this remains as one of Vince's great coups in his life...

Everyone knows how much I thought of Vince - our close relationship is well known, but the late Doctor Edward Mizma (PHD in chemistry from Bucknell University) is one of the most underrated people to ever work with a major corps...

Vince comes back from Vegas and funds for the Portland trip are raised?

DANG!!!! What was his system????

And PHD from Bucknell... :worthy: Aside from Central PAers and Cavalcade of Champion fans who ever heard of Bucknell? :tongue:

:thumbup: Happy Birthday Jeff!! And many, many more!! :thumbup:

thank you!!

happy birthday jeff. i hope ya many more and stay healthy and happy. :smile:

"1965 Dream":

The "Crusader Moment" came when the wind kicked up while the corps was on the field.

Looked like you guys were gonna get picked up and come down in my "Neck of the Woods"..... Kansas or Oz.

Great memory of a GREAT corps in a GREAT era of senior drum corps..

Elphaba

Would be great to hear more about that 65 Dream. Missed that one and the great one in 66.

Would be great to hear more about that 65 Dream. Missed that one and the great one in 66.

While the BIG attraction was Rochester's "Super" Corps, the more interesting part of the show was the Juniors ... less than 9 tenths separated the top four - with Sac prevailing ... I didn't realize Reilly was that close to Rochester that day ... don't know if DCN ever showed a breakdown of the captions ... two weeks later Rochester clipped Hawthorne at Nats by 6 tenths ... would have been real interesting if the Crusaders showed up at DCA as an "unannounced" corps ... LOL ...

Sunday August 8, 1965

Jersey City NJ The Dream STADIUM: Roosevelt Stadium

Position Corps Score

DIVISION Junior

1 Blessed Sacrament 84.206

2 Garfield Cadets 83.870

3 St. Kevin's Emerald Knights 83.433

4 St. Lucy's Cadets 83.353

5 St. Patrick's Cadets 78.100

DIVISION Senior

1 Hawthorne Caballeros 87.165

2 Rochester Crusaders 84.953