One of the coolest memories in my long drum corps experience was in 1975......I marched in the Cadets of Greece, NY.......1975 Class A DCI champs and many other contests that year including US Open Class A!

On returning from Ohio on our School Buses (seemed to take days!) we arrived about 12:30 am at our dropoff point,Northgate Plaza. We were all exhausted and in some state of half-slumber and imagine our suprise to have the Rochester Phoenix Drum Corps lined up to do a "park-n-blow" runthru of their show!!!!! :ph34r::devil:

It was in honor of winning the US Open title and they all gave up their respective time to do a concert for us!! CLASS ACT! :rolleyes:

WE all woke up real fast after the hit in their opener of "Firebird/Light my Fire" and loved the special concert for us and the familys meeting our corps......Cool Beans! :ph34r:

gary where have you been? hows you wife doing? well i hope. i emailed you acoupla times. never heard how she was doing. never got the video from dca either. i hope all is well.

" THE DON "

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the partying before thing..we had a member that would get so nervous before a show we had to pour something down his throat before we went on (j.joy) and that was way back in 1967 when I was only 16. Been doing it ever since, just became part of pre-show warmups for some of us and all the drumlines I played in always kicked ###

Edited by zarblap

Whatever happened to that corps anyway?