Retreat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met an awful lot of friends from other corps by waiting in the single file line. People I would have never otherwise met. It was awesome to stand between a Cavalier and a Phantom member. I was a young rookie {13} and really looked up to these guys, not to mention watched their feet to keep in step. When I left corps I missed those retreats, and as a fan I really miss the retreat. But then again, DCI doesn't really care what I miss, unless George misses it, it ain't never gonna happen again.

Hey... IMO, Retreat for all weekend shows could be cool. The problem, to me anyhow, is that retreat takes FOREVER. It's BORING. Sorry; I said it. It's boring.

However, if we could get retreat started in under 5 minutes, you'd sell me on it every time. Instead, it's this huge single-file cluster#### that takes too long to get set up. If someone has a way to MODIFY retreat such that it's not a BORING SINGLE FILE PROCESSION, I'm in.

Hey... IMO, Retreat for all weekend shows could be cool. The problem, to me anyhow, is that retreat takes FOREVER. It's BORING. Sorry; I said it. It's boring.

However, if we could get retreat started in under 5 minutes, you'd sell me on it every time. Instead, it's this huge single-file cluster#### that takes too long to get set up. If someone has a way to MODIFY retreat such that it's not a BORING SINGLE FILE PROCESSION, I'm in.

When I marched, more than one corps came onto the field at the same time...so it wasn't just one big single-file cluster####. At the very least retreat should happen after the night show at each regional.

When I marched, more than one corps came onto the field at the same time...so it wasn't just one big single-file cluster####. At the very least retreat should happen after the night show at each regional.

I agree there. Would it help if there was no equipment? Would that defeat the purpose? If no one plays victory concerts, could it work? If you had to get retreat over in 15 minutes, what would you do?

But - knowing how nuts the travel schedules are now, I have to bow to the idea that the members might get a little extra floor time. Not sure if this has actually happened in fact. I didn't feel like it did when I was on staff.

Well come on, most of the staffs never sleep that much at night anyways. ha But with how far some corps have to travel, I wouldn't be surprised if thats the reason why they took it away

I wouldn't mind seeing it at major regionals though.

Well come on, most of the staffs never sleep that much at night anyways. ha But with how far some corps have to travel, I wouldn't be surprised if thats the reason why they took it away

I wouldn't mind seeing it at major regionals though.

That was the original reason, but I see corps busses and trucks in the parking lot long after the show, and I am usually very slow in leaving.

I know i've seen some of the upper placed corps staying for a while after. Is this true for the lower placed corps as well? And could it be because they are waiting for staff to get back from critique? Or were you leaving well after critique was over?

Many critiques have been done away with. There are very few anymore.

Lower-placing corps are often getting on the road earlier from local shows. Sometimes they'll stay longer if they don't have a show.