DCI 2008 schedule posted!

Looks like I have at least 5 shows to choose from this summer. Leaning toward Hutchinson or Wichita. All within a 3 hour drive.

showmap.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what are you doing then?

It does not make sense for all but maybe 2 or 3 corps out there to travel to Spokane when they can be somewhere else that is more geographically convenient instead. That is why they are not doing it.

You know what the West Coast Open Class corps are doing in July? Pretty much nothing for 2-3 weeks of the month. There's no proper tour out here. WA shows could give 5-8 corps a lot more touring to do.

Cascades are only doing 20 shows and are missing DCI West

I wasn't aware of the number of shows for this summer but I knew they were starting later then ever..on July 6th. Lets hope date changes and they start out earlier..and also add several more shows to the season.

Edited by Zeke

Good to see DCI coming back to Stanford for the West Championship. It's nice to see Academy (rarely in Northern California) and Phantom (rarely out West) to be in that mix. I wonder now if the DCI West Championship replaces Precision West (BD's home show) and Pacific Procession (SCV's home show) with both corps contributing to make this a prosperous event. It's probably costing many shiny pennies to hold it there.

Edited by Wildabeast

You know what the West Coast Open Class corps are doing in July? Pretty much nothing for 2-3 weeks of the month. There's no proper tour out here. WA shows could give 5-8 corps a lot more touring to do.

Those corps aren't touring becuase they don't have money to feed, house, and transport a full corps during that time.

They need the time off. The NW drum corps are broke and they need to save money any way they can.

I wasn't aware of the number of shows for this summer but I knew they were starting later then ever..on July 6th. Lets hope date changes and they start out earlier..and also ad several more shows to the season.

Yeah that is not a lot of shows and a pretty short tour..... I heard their tour fees still went up though :inlove:

What?

I used to be on admin for drum corps and I know how they think and I can tell you if it was worthwhile to have a show in Spokane, WA than there would be a show in Spokane, WA. It isn't so there is not.....

Doesn't take rocket science to figure out that.

Here are the corps that were there last year at that show:

Jersey Surf

Blue Devils B

Vanguard Cadets

Fever

Oregon Crusaders

Citations

Spokane Thunder

Not a single Div I corps, much less a Div I headliner (BD, PR, SCV, Cavies, etc) were there last year. It is hardly a surprise that DCI decided to can this show.

like I said earlier:

If it was worthwhile to have a show in Spokane, WA than there would be a show in Spokane, WA.

It isn't. So there is not

.....how is that for not knowing?

I know for a fact that there is a Spokane Show planned as well as Tri-Cities, Seattle, Salem, and Grants Pass. These are the shows that are planned by the Drum Corps of the northwest, but due to lack of the other corps willing to travel to the northwest, other then Spokane Thunder and OC, it looks like these shows will all be canceled... As for last year that was the schedule that DCI Picked out, with it being a west coast show and with finals being in Pasadena they wanted to keep Div II/III separate from Div I hence it only having Div II/III..

I am liking some new faces in the line-up in the Boston Crusaders Home Show in Lawrence this year on July 31st ...

in addition to the "home team" ...

The Academy (no "regional tour" for them this year!)

The Cavaliers (always good to see the Cavies)

Pacific Crest (also do not usually come this far to the northeast)

Santa Clara Vanguard (oh yeah! ... the kids are going to love this one)

Spartans (always good to see them in the East Coast Classic) ...

... the kids will be missing Phantom and Crown, though ...

A lot of corps that usually come this way, are not going to be seen until Allentown this year.

But, hey, it's all good.