Thanks for taking the time to read this post!!

We have a community based marching band that we want to convert to a drum and bugle corp!

Here's a little info:

we have instruments, approx 50 members, uniforms, and 2 staff people.

We will be currently having our interest meeting on the 29 of December 2007!

We are putting together a staff of motivated individuals to help to take our band to the next level of performance and competition.

we are also open to person who would like to play their instruments and color guard members also.

We are looking for a volunteer staff at this moment!! Although, we conduct various fund raisers to show the all the staff our appreciation for their time and effort.

All positions are available!!! contact us here and I will gladly give you more information!!

Again thanks for viewing and have a great day!!!

Maybe I posted my reply in the wrong place:

Yes, I'd be interested in arranging and instructing brass, Experienced and can send midi files of my arrangements and will volunteer if your group desires excellence.

Are you all-age? Do you want field comp this season? Want to go DCI or DCA? Mini-corps? Parade corps? What kind of music do you want to play?

Bruce Linderman

linderbru@msn.com

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can try the founder of DCP George Dixon since he was the corps director of the 1996 effort to start a corps named Chesapeake. We got close with that one. We made it to the spring, the brass had 3 tunes learned and the drumline had 2. We were looking at about 30 horns and a smallish drumline with a decent pit. Not sure about guard size. Unfortunately, there was not enough money raised and we had to close up shop. We were able to put dues paid towards some members marching in other corps. I know we placed kids in Bluecoats, Crossmen, Crown, and Jersey Surf.

The other try was a couple years later and I can't remember the name of the individual who headed that up.

If you are looking for Brass staff you might want to contact Scott Stansfield out of Reisterstown. I believe his number is in the book. He was involved as brass head for both of those corps.

Chesapeake had a good thing going / but unfortunately we lacked volunteers to raise funds or act as support staff for the corps during rehearsal or tours.

The area has a good amount of membership interest - between Northern VA & MD there are plenty of folks wanting to march. It's the matter of putting an actual organization together to tap into this promise

Good luck with your start-up - my basic advice is take it slow, tap into the vender programs at M&T bank and Oriole Park at Camden Yards to raise cash, get your group into the 4th of July Parades which pay well in MD

PM me for more

Againg - good luck!

Thanks.

Chesapeake had a good thing going / but unfortunately we lacked volunteers to raise funds or act as support staff for the corps during rehearsal or tours.

The area has a good amount of membership interest - between Northern VA & MD there are plenty of folks wanting to march. It's the matter of putting an actual organization together to tap into this promise

Good luck with your start-up - my basic advice is take it slow, tap into the vender programs at M&T bank and Oriole Park at Camden Yards to raise cash, get your group into the 4th of July Parades which pay well in MD

PM me for more

Againg - good luck!

Thanks.

Dear George,

Thank you very much for replying to my post!! :shutup:

is it possible that i may contact you persoanlly?

I'd like to help out in any capacity. I mainly write and teach drill, but can also arrange for and teach horns. We have a sizable music library at USNA (if you're in G).

As mentioned above, Gene, Scott, and Shawn all taught at USNA and would be highly recommended. Shawn is up in Canada now, however. Scott plays in umpteen big bands and is very busy, but he might be interested. You should also look up Bob Glover. He helps out at USNA from time to time, and is a very good arranger and brass guy.

Email me for contact info (weir@usna.edu).

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

I would also like to offer support and good wishes to your program!

I'm the director of Renaissance Foundation for the Performing Arts, Inc. in South Central PA. We currently have an indoor percussion ensemble and will be fielding a parade corps this summer. Maybe we can help each other out in some way. We're located in York, about an hour north of Baltimore. Maybe we can go in together on the food stands at the stadiums that someone mentioned before? Would love to talk more!

• 2 weeks later...
And I live across the bay from Baltimore... Also wishing the very best of luck as you begin this Drum Corps journey....

Tony ;-)

across the bay where?

• 3 weeks later...

closed per author's request