"Real" China Silk Question

justgin

We're ordering "real" china silk so that it can be dyed, and I'm not sure which weight to get......8mm or 10mm. Since all the main manufacturers moved to poly, I haven't ordered it in so long that I can't remember. Anyone ordered it lately?

8mm is the "real" kind people used to use... 10mm is HEAVY.

Hope this helps!

The band hall sells poly china silk not the real thing

forgive me but the "china silk" i knew was a gaysian drag queen from singapore! :tongue:

what is china silk,i assume it's made in china using chinese silk worms.it's probably more luxurious,expensive and dyes better than a blend of poly silk.does it "fly" better?

anybody out there know for sure?

Edited by dugg

"real" China silk (or silk habotai) does fly much smoother than the poly china silk we use now. Often if you dye the real silk, it is much easier to dye and looks just incredible indoors and out!

Dharma Trading Company sells 8mm Silk Habotai.. it's a touch pricy, but worth it (in my opinion).

Raw sillk has a nice flow to it that poly can't match. It also has more of a matte finish than poly. It dies really well. However, it can't be heat cut. You must do french seams, so complex patterns with lots of curves are not good for China Silk.

Huh, China Silk and French Seams...

We're very multi-culti here on CGP.

Its all China silk as long as its "MADE IN CHINA"

:tongue: